Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Canuck Models

Notices

Old July 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Owner - Canuck Models

Default Now Available - 1:72 CC-130 Hi-Vis Markings

Now available from Canuck Model Products, 1:72 scale CC-130 Hercules High Visibility Markings. Options for RCAF+3 NMF, CAF, and Symmetrical Era markings. Package includes 2 and a half sheets of the highest quality full colour water slide decals plus a 3 page instruction set. Maintenance markings, propeller stripes and warnings, and wing walkway lines are included. Also includes optional crests for UN duty and the 436sqn nose crest.

enjoy
David

Last edited by RiderFan; July 4th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Owner - Canuck Models

A few photos of a recent build using these decals. The model uses the early RCAF+3 scheme with the Red Ensign and Silver Leaf roundels. Various shades of Alclad for the NMF and Tamiya gloss white for the top cabin. Please don't confuse my mediocre building skills with the quality of the decals

thanks
David
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM

David

Those are nice, thanks for doing this. I have both the 1/72nd Italeri as well as the 1/48th version. I was going to do both CAF but I think I will use the 1/72nd kit for that and use the 1/48 for a camo scheme. I tired to piece together those marking years ago using stripes and roundels and ensigns from several different sheets. Never did finish it. Now it looks like I have that opportunity once again.

Hey did you ever think about doing 330? I remember seeing that one at CFB Trenton many years ago and as you know it met a tragic end. I believe the 1/48 Italeri kit had those markings but I am not sure how accurate they are. I took several photos when it was parked on the ramp at Trenton but trying to find them now will be interesting.

I just loved it for the three tone grey camo the forces were trying out at the time.
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM

Arrow graphics did 330, in the pre crash scheme, but good luck finding them.

The Italeri kit did indeed have them, but everything, maple leafs, font of letter and numbers were all wrong.

More important David, your build turned out great!!!
Old August 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM
One day......

Your C-130 looks great David, now the question is do I have room in the collection for another C-130??
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Owner - Canuck Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk174 View Post
Hey did you ever think about doing 330? I remember seeing that one at CFB Trenton many years ago and as you know it met a tragic end. I believe the 1/48 Italeri kit had those markings but I am not sure how accurate they are. I took several photos when it was parked on the ramp at Trenton but trying to find them now will be interesting.

Hi there.

At this point everything is on the table as long as there's a readily available kit. The lone exception is that I have some 1:48 Arrow markings at the printer and that's really the only set I have that is for an out of production kit. But I get so many requests for them it seemed to make sense. I get the impression most people haven't built their kit because they've been waiting for better decals.

I have some new paint masks in the works. I just posted painting masks for F-4 Phantoms, which has nothing to do with Canada but it's a very popular kit. Getting back to Canadian stuff, I have a masking set for CF-18's coming out shortly in 48 and 32 scale.

A few other things on the go but I'll talk about those later.

thanks
David
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk174 View Post
David

Those are nice, thanks for doing this. I have both the 1/72nd Italeri as well as the 1/48th version. I was going to do both CAF but I think I will use the 1/72nd kit for that and use the 1/48 for a camo scheme. I tired to piece together those marking years ago using stripes and roundels and ensigns from several different sheets. Never did finish it. Now it looks like I have that opportunity once again.

I just loved it for the three tone grey camo the forces were trying out at the time.
Chris, I have lots of pictures of 330 and I know where they are if you are interested. It was Edmonton based so it was only visiting Trenton.
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFan View Post
Hi there.

At this point everything is on the table as long as there's a readily available kit. The lone exception is that I have some 1:48 Arrow markings at the printer and that's really the only set I have that is for an out of production kit. But I get so many requests for them it seemed to make sense. I get the impression most people haven't built their kit because they've been waiting for better decals.

I have some new paint masks in the works. I just posted painting masks for F-4 Phantoms, which has nothing to do with Canada but it's a very popular kit. Getting back to Canadian stuff, I have a masking set for CF-18's coming out shortly in 48 and 32 scale.

A few other things on the go but I'll talk about those later.

thanks
David
Hey David,

I would love to do multiple 1/72 $ 1/48 scale Hercules, as I worked on the aircraft for 8 years. I can only see myself doing one of each though.

I know I would do every scheme carried on the Hercules if we had canadian decals in 1/144. The Minicraft kit is fairly good (not perfect) and the J model is due for release soon.

The Herc is truly my first love in aviation (well next to the Corsair).
Old August 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary "Scooby" Fairfull View Post
Chris, I have lots of pictures of 330 and I know where they are if you are interested. It was Edmonton based so it was only visiting Trenton.
Thanks Gary, we can talk the next time I see you. I did not know it was based out this way. Really liked that scheme.