Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Vagabond Decals

Notices

Unread January 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM

Default Intruders??

Did i remember hearing something about a 1:48 a-6 sheet??? Pictures??
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 01:43 AM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????

Send a message via ICQ to MHaz Send a message via AIM to MHaz Send a message via MSN to MHaz Send a message via Yahoo to MHaz

We can neither confirm nor deny that question... ...
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Will

I want some good markings for my kit....low vis, dirty TPS scheme with mission markings and heavyweight combat loadouts please

I can remember watching heavily laden Intruders on the TV during the Gulf War as a kid
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Oompa

Well....I did give MHaz a list of all the DS 1 A-6 squadrons I wanted to do decals for, VA-35, VA-155, VA-65, and a few others I think.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Ermahgerd!

Unread January 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM

Well, are you only goin' to sit on it?

Share the joy man, share the joy

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/s...Boman/?start=0
Unread January 4th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Oompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
Well, are you only goin' to sit on it?

Share the joy man, share the joy
Guys-

I gotta level with ya. We'd love to share the joy, but our biggest hurdle is not having a dedicated artist to draw our stuff.

Mike is in the learning curve, and I'm more of a research kinda guy, but I am practicing when time permits, but all we're able to do now is purchase the refs we need until we get a dedicated artist..

We're not a big name manufacturer, nor are we trying to be. As a matter of fact, we are switching gears and are wanting to carry other manufacturers decals as well as our own.

Only time will tell.
Unread January 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to MHaz Send a message via AIM to MHaz Send a message via MSN to MHaz Send a message via Yahoo to MHaz

Just to expand on what Brian said, I'm trying to teach myself Corel as fast as I can. I've probably been on the phone at least once or twice a week with Microscale to make sure I'm doing it right. The problem is that I'm not an artist, I'm an engineer. I'm good with technical drawings, but more artistic things, like, say, skulls & crossbones, swords, etc, are a little out of my league...

Additionally, I've got 4 girls who need their daddy, so my available decal drawing time is somewhat limited.

If we can find someone who will do the artwork for us, we'll be able to pump out the really cool sheets we have planned. If you know how to or know someone who does know how to draw decal art, by all means, get in touch with me or Brian!

Additionally, we are trying to work out ways to carry others' decals, in addition to our own Vagabond line. We've had a great partnership with Oleg from Authentic Decals to carry his line, and we've seen great success there. We're looking forward to carrying his current and future aircraft releases in the USA! We've also got F-4dable models' BOL rails in stock, which is a product we're very excited about. Hopefully we can add other manufacturer's products soon, as well.

I also do all our shipping, and I've been averaging 2-3 days between the time I get an order notification to the time I get to the post office. To make life a little easier on me, we've gone to flat rate priority-only shipping. While it does cost a little more than first class, it saves me the trouble of having to buy multiple types and sizes of shipping envelopes and gets your order to YOU much faster.

Last edited by MHaz; January 4th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Unread January 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Just pulling you legs, guys

Totally understand the part time business side of this. Guess the Intruder is so underrepresented in 1/48 that any chance one get, we jump at it

Unread January 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
Just pulling you legs, guys

Totally understand the part time business side of this. Guess the Intruder is so underrepresented in 1/48 that any chance one get, we jump at it
Niels,

Believe me, we want to release some Intruders in both 48 and 72 scale. I don't have a bunch of Fujimi Intruders in my stash so I can build a bunch of the exact same aircraft...

I sent Dave Brown a wish list of Intruders that we want to do, so that the moment either I figure out what I'm doing or we find someone who can draw for us, we can release a sheet. Knowing what we've asked for, I can tell you, it's going to be a cool as hell sheet.

Mike
Unread January 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM

I'll be watching and waiting

Unread January 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Tun Tavern 1775

Intruders, Vikings and.........................You are all in for a nice surprise

Unread January 5th, 2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Roof View Post
Intruders, Vikings and.........................You are all in for a nice surprise