Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Impact Decals

Notices

Unread February 5th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Default International shipping rates...your thoughts?

The USPS has significantly jacked up their International shipping rates almost 100%. As far as I can see, these are my options;
1) Leave international shipping as it is at $4.50 and go to shipping in bubble mailers or 2)Stay with card board mailers and raise international shipping to $8.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Kevin
Unread February 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Tun Tavern 1775

To ship a 2.2 oz padded envelope with my vinyl products was going to run $9.45 International First Class to the UK.

A CD to Japan was going to be $9.45 as well.

Both were considered 'packages' because they were more than 1/4 inch thick according to the clerk.

HLJ carries all of my products, so I am going to stop selling to Japan and give HLJ a slightly higher discount if they want to order higher quantities.

If I can't find a dealer in the UK to carry my vinyl items and CD's, I will stop selling to the UK.

Alternatively, I could just send vinyl items in standard letter sized envelopes.

Still trying to figure out the best option!

For your situation, I would raise the rates to $8.00 as protecting the sheet during shipment would trump the shipping cost for me (personally). If I saved a few bucks on shipping, but received a damaged sheet.......

Last edited by Dave Roof; February 5th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Unread February 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Beeing an avid fan of "cottage industry" one-man companies like yours, I prefer to support you directly than through a middleman. I do see your challenges though, and having postage increase to equal the price of the decals can have a bad impact I'm afraid.

I think Dave's suggestion to try to increase your retailers sales volumes is a good approach and worth investigating.

I still hope you keep the door open for international purchases, as waiting for restocks at retailers have never been my strong side

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/s...Boman/?start=0