Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Vagabond Decals

Notices

Unread May 24th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????

Default T-birds with Talons, on sale now! Now shipping!

T-Birds with Talons is on sale now! I'm taking preorders on this sheet, and they should be ready to ship out in just a couple weeks (depending on my work schedule - a 60 hour week really cuts into your free time!). They're jam-packed with every T-38 the Thunderbirds ever flew; 73 options for just $20.

Click here for the store link: T-birds with Talons

Last edited by MHaz; July 7th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Unread May 27th, 2014, 07:26 PM

These are moving a lot faster than I thought! Might want to avail yourselves...
Unread May 28th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Regular schmoe...

Got a pre order in here!

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM
1/48 Collect Aire AF-2W Grumman Guardian (Restoration)
...I know, I'll get back to it soon enough!
Unread June 30th, 2014, 07:50 PM

When do these ship out? I've got a nekkid T-38 waiting for some red, white, and blue.

Thanks,
Chris
Unread June 30th, 2014, 09:22 PM

Just ordered
Unread July 1st, 2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer25k View Post
When do these ship out? I've got a nekkid T-38 waiting for some red, white, and blue.

Thanks,
Chris
According to FedEx, I will have my hands on the decals Thursday. There was an issue with shipping that added a bit of a delay.

My goal is to have all the preorders shipped within a week and a half of getting the shipment in.
Unread July 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Regular schmoe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHaz View Post
According to FedEx, I will have my hands on the decals Thursday. There was an issue with shipping that added a bit of a delay.

My goal is to have all the preorders shipped within a week and a half of getting the shipment in.
Good to hear!

I'm like "swimmer", got me a nec'ked gloss white T-38 on the bench waiting for some dressing up.

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM
Unread July 1st, 2014, 03:20 PM

Will it be available from European retailers?

I have bad experiences getting even decals through customs. This sheet more than $25 in ransom...

Jens
Unread July 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
Will it be available from European retailers?

I have bad experiences getting even decals through customs. This sheet more than $25 in ransom...

Jens
Honestly? I haven't had any interest in this sheet from Hannant's, and I'm not familiar enough with the European market to know who else might be interested in carrying it.

Sprue Brothers will have them in hand in about a week or so, and it's available through my website.
Unread July 1st, 2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Good to hear!

I'm like "swimmer", got me a nec'ked gloss white T-38 on the bench waiting for some dressing up.
Quote:

Thanks,
Chris
You'll need to add part A38 for the VHF Antenna that the T-birds had on their aircraft, UNLESS you're building the 1984 Narrator's jet, which had this antenna removed.
Unread July 1st, 2014, 10:49 PM
Regular schmoe...

Quote:
You'll need to add part A38 for the VHF Antenna that the T-birds had on their aircraft, UNLESS you're building the 1984 Narrator's jet, which had this antenna removed.
Oh yeah, I'm all over it...was happy to see that part in the kit.

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM
Unread July 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Honestly? I haven't had any interest in this sheet from Hannant's, and I'm not familiar enough with the European market to know who else might be interested in carrying it.

Sprue Brothers will have them in hand in about a week or so, and it's available through my website.
Yes. I will have to pay 25% of the package value (i.e. decals plus postage) and another $30 in administration fees.
I believe the only way to avoid that is to send the decals as 'printed matter'.

A retailer inside the EU would be nice though.

Jens
Unread July 2nd, 2014, 11:39 PM

Lookie what was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work today.

All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!! These are better than I thought possible. The flag panels... pics don't do them justice.
Unread July 7th, 2014, 11:03 AM

The first round of sheets goes out today! I hope to be caught up with shipping everyone's preorders by the end of the week.
Unread July 17th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Regular schmoe...

Talk to me Goose...

I'm not one to bitch about "First World problems" but I preordered this sheet...still AWP ( aircraft "Down", Awaiting Part)on the T-38...

Sprue Bros has had them in stock for a week now, I think I could of gotten them quicker that way, man. I'm expecting they'll be in the post by end of the week.

I just want to have this done for the Nats in a few weeks...it would be a great endorsement of your product to have my bitchin ass Thunderbirds T-38 out there for all to see!

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM

Last edited by Whitey; July 17th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
Unread July 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Talk to me Goose...

I'm not one to bitch about "First World problems" but I preordered this sheet...still AWP ( aircraft "Down", Awaiting Part)on the T-38...

Sprue Bros has had them in stock for a week now, I think I could of gotten them quicker that way, man. I'm expecting they'll be in the post by end of the week.

I just want to have this done for the Nats in a few weeks...it would be a great endorsement of your product to have my bitchin ass Thunderbirds T-38 out there for all to see!
Here's what happened: I've been filling orders in the same order I received them in on my website. Gordon had 100 in his order, so he got the first blast, and I've been bagging as fast as I can to catch up. I do apologize about the delays, but my day job kind of blew up in my face, and "some" overtime became "mandatory maximum" overtime with zero warning. Driving my wife and kids over to see her mom didn't help, either.

I've got about 20-30 bagged right now, and I'm about 30 short of being completely caught up to what's already been ordered. My plan is to bag and pack like an idiot this weekend, and make my mailman absolutely hate me on Monday.
Unread July 17th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Regular schmoe...

Quote:
Here's what happened: I've been filling orders in the same order I received them in on my website. Gordon had 100 in his order, so he got the first blast, and I've been bagging as fast as I can to catch up. I do apologize about the delays, but my day job kind of blew up in my face, and "some" overtime became "mandatory maximum" overtime with zero warning. Driving my wife and kids over to see her mom didn't help, either.

I've got about 20-30 bagged right now, and I'm about 30 short of being completely caught up to what's already been ordered. My plan is to bag and pack like an idiot this weekend, and make my mailman absolutely hate me on Monday.
I know man...just busting chops a little. I realize real life comes first and mom and the kids are way more important than model geeks. I'm pretty patient....and if I'm up at midnight the night before I roll out for the Nats bangin' away on the TBird that's ok with me.

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM
Unread July 24th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Regular schmoe...

Alright, my sheet showed up in the mail yesterday...now my modeling buds can rest easy, they won't have to hear my incessant whining any longer.

Wicked nice sheet! Vince Maddox did an outstanding job with the art work and the details are awesome (such as the Greek flag taking the place of the Mexican flag while the Lead was of Greek ancestry, who knew?).

Need to get back on the bench with this one and get it done.

MAINT. CONTROL

IW

Italeri 1/48 DC-130A

AWM
Unread September 2nd, 2014, 08:22 PM

Default Correction set for TBird T-38

Vagabond guys,

Have you all received the correction set yet? Secondly, what exactly is getting fixed?

Thanks,

Chris
Unread September 2nd, 2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Vagabond guys,

Have you all received the correction set yet? Secondly, what exactly is getting fixed?

Thanks,

Chris
Hey Chris,

I have not gotten in the correction sheet yet, because, well, we're still trying to figure out a couple of the corrections. The issues that Andy had aren't being duplicated by other folks, and the issues that I'm having aren't being reported by anyone, either. I stripped a kit to bare plastic and am using another copy to try to reproduce Andy's findings. I DO know that the aft fuselage stripes came in a little too narrow (should hit the trailing edge of the wing), so those will be included, as will a tweaked red nose scallop. Other than that, though, it is still being worked. If you're wanting to start decaling, though, go ahead and get yourself a couple copies. I'll be sending out the inserts free of charge when they're back from Cartograf.

Mike