Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread March 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM

Default Regarding the Dave Roof situation:

Beleive it or not, I'm glad to see the support for Dave, in fact, lemme tell you why I contracted him to begin with. About 6 years ago I was looking for a decal sheet and posted it on one of the forums. Dave replied he'd seen one at the LHS and offered to get it for me, which he did, sent it to me and I promply retuned payment. I put him on the list of good guys and folks I owed a favor too. I never forgot. When I started to get an interest in my big Tamiya F-4, I dreaded doing the pit...everyone hates to do something on a model, and that happens to be my area. I got in touch with Dave by posting on HS and we agreed to a deal. What seems to of fallen through the cracks is that the stipulation was in a 45-60 day time limit. I splurged and ordered a BB pit and had it sent to Dave, Received Sept 8 2010. He replied to me he as getting started. Nov.21,2010, I e-mailed requesting an update. A reply the next day stated that"a little more dry brushing,dull coat and gloss the dials and it'll be done". On Dec 15, dave posted he was leaving the hobby to work on his house. I assumed that this would put me even further on the back burner since I'd not received my pit yet. I then again e-mailed (12/15) demanding that he send me the pit, done or not and if he was a gentleman, a partial refund. I did not receive a response. On Jan 9,2011 Dave posted on HS looking for something, and I made a clear point to send me my pit first before completeing other biz. I mentioned at this time someone had seen the F-4 at one of our IPMS show and tell shows and had wanted to buy it, but in particular wanted it for X'mas..... and exlained the pit deal...they still want the F-4 only I'll loose a few bucks since it'll now be a Birthday present in July). I;ve heard nothing and when Dave posted on HS plane trading(search for exchange on 2/25/11) I used the word" Use Caution"...you'll have to go to HS and see it. I felt and still do Daves response was sort of sarcastic and quite frankly a shitty attitude. Dave showed me a complete lack of interest in responding to my requests to just return the pit done or not.
Several of you have asked "WHY POST HERE" when the problem originated on HS. Quite simply, this board and ARC and HS are part of the modeling community. If someone ripped me off, or a company gave poor service, I consider it my civic duty to put the word out. I have no doubt Dave may be a good trader as far as exchanging kits, but as I told him in one of my responses, he's got too much on his plate as far as getting work out. A simple work ethic is if you can;t do it in a timely manner,,,DON'T
Now you know the story...almost....did I mention this started in Sept with a 60 day max turn around??? OMG!!!!LOOK!!!! Its only MARCH!! and still no pit altho its on the way...again. Did I mention since I'd owed Dave one, that I paid in advance outta the goodness of my heart??
I will give this another week, and at that point if I do not have my pit, I......WILL......continue my warnings on every post Dave makes until I'm kicked off the board...and to BIG TEXAN and ADAMITRI...at least when I'm complaining about someone, I've got the balls to let everyone know who I am..IMHO,you have your head up your ass's and are a bag of shit
Any follower's of this thread should know I'm just responding to their post and verbal assault.....Tom Dunbar

Last edited by tombguard; March 3rd, 2011 at 08:10 PM.
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hijo del pinche chingada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombguard View Post
Beleive it or not, I'm glad to see the support for Dave, in fact, lemme tell you why I contracted him to begin with. About 6 years ago I was looking for a decal sheet and posted it on one of the forums. Dave replied he'd seen one at the LHS and offered to get it for me, which he did, sent it to me and I promply retuned payment. I put him on the list of good guys and folks I owed a favor too. I never forgot. When I started to get an interest in my big Tamiya F-4, I dreaded doing the pit...everyone hates to do something on a model, and that happens to be my area. I got in touch with Dave by posting on HS and we agreed to a deal. What seems to of fallen through the cracks is that the stipulation was in a 45-60 day time limit. I splurged and ordered a BB pit and had it sent to Dave, Received Sept 8 2010. He replied to me he as getting started. Nov.21,2010, I e-mailed requesting an update. A reply the next day stated that"a little more dry brushing,dull coat and gloss the dials and it'll be done". On Dec 15, dave posted he was leaving the hobby to work on his house. I assumed that this would put me even further on the back burner since I'd not received my pit yet. I then again e-mailed (12/15) demanding that he send me the pit, done or not and if he was a gentleman, a partial refund. I did not receive a response. On Jan 9,2011 Dave posted on HS looking for something, and I made a clear point to send me my pit first before completeing other biz. I mentioned at this time someone had seen the F-4 at one of our IPMS show and tell shows and had wanted to but it, but in particular wanted it for X'mas..... and exlained the pit deal...they still want the F-4 only I'll loose a few bucks since it'll now be a Birthday present in July)
That's all fine and good, but there are several points from our side. Many of us, including myself, have had dealings with Dave, and he's been a first class guy. A would guess that we would all understand that deadlines need to be met, but was it really neccessary to run his name in the mud on three boards, even after he admitted his mistake and is willing to try to set it straight?

Health insurance for big boobs.
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM

Default why don't you read what I said????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnopfor View Post
That's all fine and good, but there are several points from our side. Many of us, including myself, have had dealings with Dave, and he's been a first class guy. A would guess that we would all understand that deadlines need to be met, but was it really neccessary to run his name in the mud on three boards, even after he admitted his mistake and is willing to try to set it straight?
He may be a good kit trader, but I cannot endorse him for contract work.
As I said, The entire modeling community should be advised
Would you like me too wait another 3 months till Dave gets his act together??
Hopefully you'll be a victim someday......Tom Dunbar
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
ZOMG! I HAVE THE POWER!!

Quote:
Then don't. You've done it, no need to continue.
Quote:
Which you've done. Your displeasure is clear, we get it. Now move on. Or has it become so personal that you're intending to hound every post from Dave you can for the foreseeable future? Because that's a sure way to start hitting ignore lists.

Your work is done. Move on.
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hijo del pinche chingada

Quote:
Would you like me too wait another 3 months till Dave gets his act together??
Hopefully you'll be a victim someday......Tom Dunbar
Well, maybe next time you should do the work yourself. After that last sentance, maybe the entire modeling community should be informed that you're a dick....
Being that I at least try to do the work myself, or ask others how they do it, I problably won't be a victim someday.....Maybe I'll ask Dave......

Unread March 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM

Default and if you read the Updated post here, U would

Quote:
Well, maybe next time you should do the work yourself. After that last sentance, maybe the entire modeling community should be informed that you're a dick....
Being that I at least try to do the work myself, or ask others how they do it, I problably won't be a victim someday.....Maybe I'll ask Dave......
know the reason I approached Dave was because of something he did for me years ago and this is a way to sorta help him back
I've only been building for 55 years. only won a couple BOS and Peoples Choice, couple firsts,lots of 2nd and 3rd place at the IPMS level, but just hate to do cockpits!! calling me a dick is a compliment. thank you. Tom Dunbar
Unread March 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM

Mr. Dunbar, I can see now that any further discussion with you on this, would be the equivalent of arguing with a drunk. I suggest to all, not to pay this any further attention and go about your business.

Mr. Dunbar, I can appreciate you being upset, but this is ridiculous now. Let it go and get on with your life. I'm sure you've got better things to do then to persist in this. It is making you look very bad now. Just an honest assessment. I'm sure you're a decent fellow who has just let his temper get the best of himself. Cool off and find something to distract you from all of this. At this point, its getting you nowhere fast.
Unread March 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
shibboleet

Quote:
calling me a dick is a compliment. thank you.
Maybe that should be in your sig...
Unread March 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Intentionally Left Blank

Quote:
I've only been building for 55 years. only won a couple BOS and Peoples Choice, couple firsts,lots of 2nd and 3rd place at the IPMS level, but just hate to do cockpits!
Did someone build these for you as well?
Unread March 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hijo del pinche chingada

Quote:
I've only been building for 55 years. only won a couple BOS and Peoples Choice, couple firsts,lots of 2nd and 3rd place at the IPMS level, but just hate to do cockpits!!
Yeah, I've been building for about 30 years and I have a shitload of awards as well, but that is an aside, cockpits are just part of the deal.

Quote:
calling me a dick is a compliment. thank you. Tom Dunbar
Your welcome Oh High Exultant Penisness (where is Jack Bruno when you need him?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banker View Post
Maybe that should be in your sig...
Nope, he's already listed as a "Junior Member", that should do it......

Unread March 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hijo del pinche chingada

Sorry, Dave. The dude took a personal shot at me.....I have no problem returning the favor.

Unread March 7th, 2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Roof View Post
I would really appreciate it if you all would stop the personal attacks toward Tom and would like to request that you edit your posts.

It really isn't accomplishing anything or helping the situation.

Thanks,

Dave
Neither is 2 separate threads about a freaking cockpit...sorry man, but you're surrounded by decent folk who are fairly perceptive towards what is kosher and what is Barbara Streisand...I'll renew my call for Tom to eliminate this entire thing.
Unread March 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Protect Beach Bunnies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
...5 bucks will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks...
And people are bitching about the price of a GALLON of gas.

Thank God I know how to make coffee at home.

The current project: 1996 Tiger Meet Starfighter
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hijo del pinche chingada

This dude never posted on this board before, and when he does, it's only to slam another modeler. I ask him if it was really neccessary to beat his drum, even after Dave admitted to his fault, apologized, and is trying to make amends, and he decides to take a personal swipe at me....and he is still bitching about Dave.....OK, it's all cool dude.

This board has apparently found it's new bitch. I just hope that he's having fun kicking his computer keyboard's ass.....

Unread March 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Mr. Dunbar, my name is for my friends, first of all. Secondly, I don't put my name out there unless I have to due to the federal job that I have that tells us not to put our names out there to begin with. I hide behind nothing.

It is understood that you have every right to be upset with what happened, nobody questions this. Dave admitted he was wrong and has tried to make amends with you. Has apologized to you. He didn't try to weasel out of anything. Dave has made it very clear on this forum that he was wrong and what he's done to try to make amends with you. Dave Roof has an excellent reputation in the modeling community. For you to go all out on 3 forums is purely wrong! And yes, it does make you look like a "Dumb Ass" for doing this. As the old cliche says, "Two wrongs don't make a right." You are wrong for what you did, plain and simple. It was "over kill". Your problem was with Dave, not the whole modeling community, although, now I would say you do have a problem with the modeling commmunity at large. Only brought on by yourself. At this point and time, you're the one with the problem, not Dave or the rest of us. Your actions are not justified at this point.

Dave was man enough to admit he was wrong, you should do the same in this matter of going above and beyond what was necessary. As long as you maintain this line of "non thinking", then you're a "Dumb Ass" plain and simple. What more could Dave have done at this point? It's one thing to be upset, another when you're just plain vindictive. At this point, you're the lesser man.
Unread March 4th, 2011, 07:11 AM

Default How long do you suggest I wait for him to "set it straight"

Quote:
The time is now 3x longer then the original contract, that makes me unreasonable(and all the other supurlatives used on this board)???? Tom Dunbar
Unread March 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM

Default U don't think your PM 2 me was?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Roof View Post
You know Tom, you're right. I've tried, very politely, to tell you and everyone else that I screwed up and will get it fixed. None of my responses to you were sarcastic or displayed a 'shitty' attitude. If you perceived them to be that way, then there is nothing I can or will do to try to convince you otherwise.

It took longer than I expected to get it done. I expected to have it done in time and unfortunately that didn't happen.

And if you are not happy with what I send you, let everyone know.

If you feel it was the right thing to do, or your 'civic duty' as you put it, to blast me on three different forums, then that is something I'll just have to accept.

Just do me one favor. When another modeler does something good for you, please remember your civic duty and praise them on three different forums.

Dave
to quote you"I screwed the pooch and I hope you sleep better" now that I posted on 3 sites, and the "yea I'll fix it" (at your convienence) and totally ignoring my request to just return it as is(could it be NOTHING was done at all at this time???
Since this is your home turf, let me again remind everyone you've not seen Bad Trader from me...just USE CAUTION same idea just a bit more polite
As far as my civic duty, I praised U to high heaven with an "atta boy" when you got the decal for me,guess you don't remember...Tom Dunbar
Unread March 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Lose sight,lose the fight

I don't think I've ever seen someone lose credibility this fast. It must be some sort of record.
Unread March 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
I don't think I've ever seen someone lose credibility this fast. It must be some sort of record.
Nope, it was that Brit dude who pretended to be a chick on ARC, then wandered over here for a spell. Went from 0 to complete, utter douchebag in about 11 seconds flat, LOL! This might be 3rd or 4th...

Quote:
Beleive it or not, I'm glad to see the support for Dave, in fact, lemme tell you why I contracted him to begin with. About 6 years ago I was looking for a decal sheet and posted it on one of the forums. Dave replied he'd seen one at the LHS and offered to get it for me, which he did, sent it to me and I promply retuned payment. I put him on the list of good guys and folks I owed a favor too. I never forgot. When I started to get an interest in my big Tamiya F-4, I dreaded doing the pit...everyone hates to do something on a model, and that happens to be my area. I got in touch with Dave by posting on HS and we agreed to a deal. What seems to of fallen through the cracks is that the stipulation was in a 45-60 day time limit. I splurged and ordered a BB pit and had it sent to Dave, Received Sept 8 2010. He replied to me he as getting started. Nov.21,2010, I e-mailed requesting an update. A reply the next day stated that"a little more dry brushing,dull coat and gloss the dials and it'll be done". On Dec 15, dave posted he was leaving the hobby to work on his house. I assumed that this would put me even further on the back burner since I'd not received my pit yet. I then again e-mailed (12/15) demanding that he send me the pit, done or not and if he was a gentleman, a partial refund. I did not receive a response. On Jan 9,2011 Dave posted on HS looking for something, and I made a clear point to send me my pit first before completeing other biz. I mentioned at this time someone had seen the F-4 at one of our IPMS show and tell shows and had wanted to buy it, but in particular wanted it for X'mas..... and exlained the pit deal...they still want the F-4 only I'll loose a few bucks since it'll now be a Birthday present in July). I;ve heard nothing and when Dave posted on HS plane trading(search for exchange on 2/25/11) I used the word" Use Caution"...you'll have to go to HS and see it. I felt and still do Daves response was sort of sarcastic and quite frankly a shitty attitude. Dave showed me a complete lack of interest in responding to my requests to just return the pit done or not.
Several of you have asked "WHY POST HERE" when the problem originated on HS. Quite simply, this board and ARC and HS are part of the modeling community. If someone ripped me off, or a company gave poor service, I consider it my civic duty to put the word out. I have no doubt Dave may be a good trader as far as exchanging kits, but as I told him in one of my responses, he's got too much on his plate as far as getting work out. A simple work ethic is if you can;t do it in a timely manner,,,DON'T
Now you know the story...almost....did I mention this started in Sept with a 60 day max turn around??? OMG!!!!LOOK!!!! Its only MARCH!! and still no pit altho its on the way...again. Did I mention since I'd owed Dave one, that I paid in advance outta the goodness of my heart??
I will give this another week, and at that point if I do not have my pit, I......WILL......continue my warnings on every post Dave makes until I'm kicked off the board...and to BIG TEXAN and ADAMITRI...at least when I'm complaining about someone, I've got the balls to let everyone know who I am..IMHO,you have your head up your ass's and are a bag of shit
Any follower's of this thread should know I'm just responding to their post and verbal assault.....Tom Dunbar
No, really you're just being a shithead. Being unable to ban you is a FAR cry from being tolerant of this particular form of character assassination. My suggestion to you is that remove the post I've quoted here, and move on down the road. You said your piece in your first thread about this. You own all of Dave's contact info...he is not ducking you. This is an issue between you and Dave...if you persist in pursuing it here, you will involve others.

Last edited by Afterburner Decals Scott; March 5th, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Unread March 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Internet Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner Decals Scott View Post
Nope, it was that Brit dude who pretended to be a chick on ARC, then wandered over here for a spell. Went from 0 to complete, utter douchebag in about 11 seconds flat, LOL! This might be 3rd or 4th...
Well, I think we can blame Dave...this time

"Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?" John T. Chance