Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread October 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Default Lucky Model STINKS big time

I've bought from these fuckers on countless occasions,every time making sure that everything I ordered was "in stock",never had a problem,etc,etc....Well,two or so weeks ago I ordered a Hase Showtime 100 kit and a bottle of Alclad paint,both "in stock" when I placed my order,made a payment and went to bed.Next afternoon I checked my order status,and guess what,Showtime is showing as "available",which means that they didn't have the kit at all or that they gave my kit (which was paid for mind you) to someone else.Sooooooo,I got the shits and contacted them through their PM system to cancel the order and get a refund.Three days have passed until somebody actually read the message and replied.They said that they issued a refund and it would take a week to process it,well it has been 10 fucken' days and NO REFUND.I am pissed off big time and just sent them a nastygram....

They will NEVER,EVER get my business again.N E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful with these people,this is the first time something went wrong,and their "service" just plainly sucks...

Cheers,Miro.
Unread October 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18109 View Post
I've bought...on countless occasions,...never had a problem,etc,etc....They said that they issued a refund and it would take a week to process it,well it has been 10 fucken' days and NO REFUND.I am pissed off big time and just sent them a nastygram....this is the first time something went wrong,and their "service" just plainly sucks...

Cheers,Miro.
Miro, I'm confused. If you've ordered "on coutless occasions", and this is the first time you had an issue, don't you think you could cut them a little more slack to sort it out? Understand the frustration of thinking you'd got a solid order in, and then found you did not...however, if you've ordered from them on a number of occasions, then you know you don't truly have an order until you have a proper confirmation. Concur that it sucks to think you've got what you're looking for paid & on the way when you don't; but sheesh, nothing is 100% all the time. I've always found Raymond to be willing to work out the problem if everything isn't as expected. Perhaps when it comes to the credit card thing, it is out of his hands and more of a bank/ CC Company deal. Throw in the international angle, and there are plenty of places for the process to either slow or break down. Hope you manage to work it out. Remember, it is only a hobby, and supposed to be fun & relaxing!
Unread October 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Well,I did order many,many times from them and they always came through,but you really don't know how good/bad company is until you have a problem.I had a problem and they are not really helpful.

As far as I'm concerned,Lucky Model doesn't exist any more...And really,how much slack I should cut them,they said "refund in a week",it has been 10 days now,no refund.If they said "refund in six months" I wouldn't give a shit,as long as it is there on a day they promised....

Cheers,Miro.
Unread October 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Samurai Slayer

I too have ordered from Lucky a "countless" number of time, never had a problem with them. If there has been an issue or concern Raymond has always been willing to work it out.

I suggest you cut back on the caffeine...
Unread October 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Miro i had the exact same experience recently. my order languished for two months waiting for a kit that was "in stock". I told them to cancel the whole thing and give me a refund they sent the one item and gave me a credit. yesterday when i got the shipping confirmation they had charged me shipping on an item that was supposed to have free shipping. I am still waiting for a reply on that one.
I think something has changed over at Lucky Model. I have been getting stuff from them about once a month for about a year and things seem to be run a little less professionally lately.
my$.02
D
Unread October 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM

I have never had a problem with them.

Was "Showtime 100" re-released? If not it was a really old release and I wouldn't expect it to be in stock.
Unread October 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM

So, the refund process is "overdue" by a whole 3 days and you're pitching a fit? Really?

If this isn't a damning example of our instant gratification society, I don't know what is.
Unread October 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
I too have ordered from Lucky a "countless" number of time, never had a problem with them. If there has been an issue or concern Raymond has always been willing to work it out.

I suggest you cut back on the caffeine...
I don't drink coffee or Red Bull or other caffeine stuffed garbage,but thanks for the valuable advice,I'll keep it in mind...

Cheers,Miro.
Unread October 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
So, the refund process is "overdue" by a whole 3 days and you're pitching a fit? Really?

If this isn't a damning example of our instant gratification society, I don't know what is.
As the matter of fact is,as of today,the refund is more than three weeks overdue,still nothing,no response...BTW I really like your post,if that is not a damning example of a case of verbal diarrhea,I don't know what it is.

Cheers,Miro.
Unread November 17th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Add me to the group that has ordered numerous times without a hitch.
Unread November 20th, 2009, 07:22 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18109 View Post
As the matter of fact is,as of today,the refund is more than three weeks overdue,still nothing,no response...BTW I really like your post,if that is not a damning example of a case of verbal diarrhea,I don't know what it is.

Cheers,Miro.
We have an old expression back here, you catch more flies with honey than with vinager. And having lived and worked in Australia for two years I know what I am talking about.
Unread November 21st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Doin' it tac style

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyray01 View Post
We have an old expression back here, you catch more flies with honey than with vinager. And having lived and worked in Australia for two years I know what I am talking about.
Mate, what are you on about? The flies over here don't give a stuff about what you use - they'll get you anyways!
Unread November 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM

Default Lucky Model

All,

Never had a problem... One order said it would take 10 days and it showed on my doorstep in 8. No worries about ordering from Lucky Models again and again.

Pumping Gas: Tanker Operations from the Cold War to hunting bin Laden
Unread November 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM

My E-2C arrived in only eight days, seems about par for the 3-4 orders I have sent them over the years. Now if they could only influence how the Kinetic E-2C sprues were bagged that would be even better. Sorry about your luck, LM gets high marks for me.
Unread November 29th, 2009, 01:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to A4s-4eva

Add me as a happy customer. Never had a issue

Calum
Unread December 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM

I must add to that as well I have orderd from the 3 times this year and most Excellent service and Prompt shipping, I dont care for the Paypal charge but hey, its a business. Sorry about some of you all troubles but the are Ace in my book..
Unread December 13th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Global-warming is a farce

Send a message via Skype™ to Samurai_Chris
Default How fucked up are Luckey Models?

I just got a shipping notice from the 25th or something of September that I canceled on or around that time because they didn't have what I wanted in stock, and yet 3 months later they send me a shipping notice?

Are these people alright?

I will gladly accept the package, but payment will not be forthcoming as I have since changed credit card providers....
Unread December 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM

Well chris,the most strange thing that happened to me was receiving a shipping notice from them 5 days after the actual order arrived at my house,i dare anyone finding a faster delivery service
Unread December 13th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Sierra Hotel Models

It took LM almost 6 months to clear up charging me for a product that was no longer in production. In the end I was told I would be given store credit in the amount, which I have yet to see, even after a couple of inquiries.

I've also had a package returned 3 times, because all they put for a shipping address was my phone number... Took 3 months to iron that one out.

No so Lucky with those guys...

Mike V
Unread December 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to A4s-4eva

About as F'd up as your spelling

Seriousily though I've never had a issue with them even when asking for refunds it's enver taken more than 3-4 days to get it recredited to my account

Calum

Last edited by A4s-4eva; December 14th, 2009 at 12:22 AM.