Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Sprue Brothers / Steel Beach

Notices

Old June 21st, 2013, 11:28 PM
Steel Beach Resin

Default Pics of new items

I've posted pictures of the new items that will be released in the next few weeks.

http://steel-beach.com/new-june-items.html

I reworked the wheels for the A3D to get them more accurate and well as casting just the hubs for those that may want to use the vinyl tires. Hopefully I will have everything done in the next few weeks. I'll announce when they are available at Sprue Brothers.
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
jwest21

To do a Skywarrior from Vietnam, would themed-life update be appropriate? And if so, would early wheels still work? Stuff looks great!
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Steel Beach Resin

The majority of the A-3's in Nam had the dove tail and blunt "speed" nose. Plus, they did a lot of tanker duty. The KA-3B would get your there. That's actually why I did the conversion. I wanted a Nam bird. With that said, I have found one picture from the Vietnam era of the "mid-life" A3D. It had the dove tail but still carried the pointed nose. Thanks to Tommy Thomason, I learned that the early wheels are actually the "bomber" wheels. The later "version" wheels with the hub sticking out came later and were retrofitted to some of the bomber variants. I could have labeled them "bomber" wheels, but I don't think many people would have understood. The early wheels were definitely in use on KA-3B's.
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Steel Beach Resin

Default New A3D items now available

By the time I've gotten around to typing this, a couple of the sets are OOS. I'm casting more now.