Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Werner's Wings

Notices

Unread August 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Captain Stink Pickle

Send a message via Skype™ to willieself
Default These AH-1F decals are da bomb!!!!

And after looking through the accompanying DVD...I have to ask..are you going to be doing anything for the UH-1...B/C and D/H???
Unread August 26th, 2009, 10:14 PM

Agreed! It's going to be hard to decide which markings to use... glad the kit is being rereleased soon! The two in my stash were set aside for IDF birds. I also picked up an extra set of stencils and a couple of the update sets at the Nat's. Good times ahead for us helo lovers!
Unread August 27th, 2009, 04:49 AM
S/F not just a saying

I agree, they are some nice looking decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieself View Post
are you going to be doing anything for the UH-1...B/C and D/H???
FYI, have you looked at Fireball Modelworks?
http://www.fireballmodels.info/fm_D04.htm
http://www.fireballmodels.info/fmd-15.htm
http://www.fireballmodels.info/fm_D03.htm
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread August 27th, 2009, 04:54 AM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Quirk View Post
glad the kit is being rereleased soon!
I also agree, I need the spare parts for his resin kit.

Quote:
Good times ahead for us helo lovers!

It is the golden age of helo modelers. With WW, Fireball and Cobra Company a lot of helo aftermarkets to help put the older kits. Some of the big kit makers are making more new kits for us. Heck, 5 tables of helos at the Nats and a split. Good times indeed.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread August 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieself View Post
And after looking through the accompanying DVD...I have to ask..are you going to be doing anything for the UH-1...B/C and D/H???
Floyd and Rotorwash are doing the UH-1 series on DVD. It was on the helicopter forum over at the 3 letter website. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon.

-- Stephanie Cronin,
"Building and Rebuilding Afghanistan’s Army"
Unread August 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueycrew View Post
Floyd and Rotorwash are doing the UH-1 series on DVD. It was on the helicopter forum over at the 3 letter website. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon.
Forgot about saying that one. One for the short cab and one for the long cab, $10 each.
Unread August 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Captain Stink Pickle

Send a message via Skype™ to willieself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueycrew View Post
Thats what I hoping for...and the Fireball stuff is very high on my priority list!!!!!
Unread August 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM

The decals are amazing, and so many to choose from. Good thing 1/48 AH-1S is being re-released. Haven't looked at the DVD yet. I would like to finish my Huey project first, It would (the DVD) distract me from my task

-- Stephanie Cronin,
"Building and Rebuilding Afghanistan’s Army"
Unread August 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM

Ditto what Will said, thanks Floyd!

Jeff
Unread September 24th, 2009, 11:17 PM

Thanks guys,
I'm glad you liked them. They are definitely not your run of the mill AH-1Fs. Who would have guessed such cool paint schemes.

I haven't thought of doing a Huey sheet, but the UH-1 DVD will be up shortly. Ray is waiting on some more F and P stuff to round out that DVD. When we posted our project there were offers of more photos and we decided that we were lacking on those models so we will be including them.

If they sell well there will be more. I think there is plenty of material out there for the helicopter guys to enjoy. We may do another Cobra DVD with all the versions explained, again. LOL

But for now pick up the Revell-Germany AH-1S (which is the AH-1F) and enjoy the decals.
Floyd