Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread July 9th, 2016, 09:38 PM

Hi Rob and welcome!

On the Board:
F-15C "Splinter" Camo
F-16D Oklahoma ANG
F-4C Oregon ANG
St. Louis F-15C
Unread July 10th, 2016, 10:25 AM

Nice work. The 2 seat starfighter is an eye catcher. I took a 30 year break as well. This is a good hobby for old guys as long as they make strong enough reading glasses.
Unread July 10th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Administrator/Tweaker

Nice white CRX in that last picture, Rob! Welcome!
Unread July 11th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Cheers guys.

It was a 20 year break for me, most of which has been spent with a CRX (nice spot) there could well be a link there...

A little Honda spam -

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There, Ill stop at that.
Unless more are requested.
Unread August 9th, 2016, 06:31 PM

Introductions should be first. My name is Gordon Thompson a resident of Dallas TX. since 59. My father transfered from Cedar Rapids IA to Dallas with Collins Radio. As a grade schooler I built my first model an AT-6 Texan my last one was a Harley Pan-Head. The one Joe Namath rode in C.C. Rider. That was in 1971 before the Navy and Vietnam. Got back into modeling about 8 yrs. ago, mostly 1:48 scale and all WWII aircraft. Currently trying to finish a PBY-5A as a Blackcat. Looking forward to some great constructive criticism and tips on painting as well as weathering. I am not quite up to date on some of the techniques you guys are using. Right now I'm still using a brush and what some call a rattle can. I go by fireball our call sign in Nam.

fireball out
Unread August 18th, 2016, 02:50 AM

Hello fellow modellers,
my name is Aleksandar, but I am called Sasho by everyone both real life and online. I'am building scale modells for few years already - mainly WWI aircrafts and civilian cars, but lately I decided to try building a jet and that how I ended at this forum. I am reading through the F-16 builds at the moment, leaching the information I need.
I am adding 2 pictures of my last finished car and airplane.
Lookign forward to learn building those jets

Best regards,
Sasho

Last edited by Ssasho0; August 18th, 2016 at 03:02 AM. Reason: edit - added some pictures
Unread September 28th, 2016, 08:29 AM

Default New Guy

Hi, FNG (Friendly New Guy) here! My name is Geoff and I'm getting back into models after a 15 year hiatus with my interest lying primarily in Naval Aviation from the 1960s-Present. My first kit back into the arena is the Academy F-4J in 1/48. I'm looking forward to getting back into the game...cheers!
Unread September 28th, 2016, 12:18 PM

Welcome!

And a belated welcome to the others.
Unread September 28th, 2016, 01:55 PM
If it ain't Boeing...

I had a CRX back in the day
Unread October 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM

Hi, y'all. Just joined ,but I know a few of you from FSM, where I usually hang out. I'm still into NASCAR somewhat, and a Phantom Phan.
Unread October 1st, 2016, 04:03 PM

Welcome!
Unread December 4th, 2016, 04:44 PM

Default Allow myself, to introduce, myself.

Hello all. Been out of the hobby that my dad got me into almost 30 years ago. Like many, also a huge Tomcat fan and they hype behind Tamiya's latest 1:48 got me back into it. Picked one up as soon as it was available, also found a 1:48 Hasegawa F-14B for a decent price at a model expo. Love the NSAWC 'cats so I picked up a FT decal sheet for the Tamiya. The Hasegawa will most likely be built as a high-viz Jolly Rogers.

I'm pretty much starting from scratch as far as tools and resources go so I'll be lurking on this site getting ideas and tips. Back in the day, all I had to go by was my dad's old Detail & Scale books. Now everything is online and a Google search away.

So that's that, time to get my feet wet.
-Patrick
Unread December 4th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Old Cranky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking44 View Post
Hello all. Been out of the hobby that my dad got me into almost 30 years ago. Like many, also a huge Tomcat fan and they hype behind Tamiya's latest 1:48 got me back into it. Picked one up as soon as it was available, also found a 1:48 Hasegawa F-14B for a decent price at a model expo. Love the NSAWC 'cats so I picked up a FT decal sheet for the Tamiya. The Hasegawa will most likely be built as a high-viz Jolly Rogers.

I'm pretty much starting from scratch as far as tools and resources go so I'll be lurking on this site getting ideas and tips. Back in the day, all I had to go by was my dad's old Detail & Scale books. Now everything is online and a Google search away.

So that's that, time to get my feet wet.
-Patrick
Welcome aboard

Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of people in the know and can point you in the right direction.

People who disrespect the American flag never had to worry about coming home under one.
Unread December 7th, 2016, 02:49 AM

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Only recently started building again. Currently busy with a Revell 1/48 Mosquito FB 1V
Unread December 8th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Kitbasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhardva View Post
Hi Guys. New to the forum. Only recently started building again. Currently busy with a Revell 1/48 Mosquito FB 1V
Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Unread January 11th, 2018, 03:09 PM

Location: Currently own a home 25 miles from Raleigh,NC in a town called Creedmoor.
Default Hey!

Hi all.My names Russ.I haven't built any models for years,but that hasn't stopped my from building a collection of over a hundred kits.I hacve everything from a B-52 to a SpadVII,but I like WWII planes the best.I started out building cars back in the sixties,so I have a few kits I liked in the past,Orange Crate,Lil Coffin,like that.Looking at paint and finishes right now.What fun this is going to be.nice to be here!
Unread January 11th, 2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtCraziness View Post
Hi all.My names Russ.I haven't built any models for years,but that hasn't stopped my from building a collection of over a hundred kits.I hacve everything from a B-52 to a SpadVII,but I like WWII planes the best.I started out building cars back in the sixties,so I have a few kits I liked in the past,Orange Crate,Lil Coffin,like that.Looking at paint and finishes right now.What fun this is going to be.nice to be here!
Welcome!
Unread January 12th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Ack, Oop, THPPFFT Baby!

Welcome! We are the kids your mother didn't want you to play with. Now that you know that, the whole place will make sense.

"Stupidity is like nuclear power! It can be used for good or evil, and you donít want to get any on you." Dilbert.

Flag Plot: My virtual model display shelf
Unread January 13th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

Hi Russ! Are you still in the navy? (bonus points if you get the movie reference)

We have a little bit of everything here, so dive in!
Unread January 15th, 2018, 08:29 PM

Goood morning. My name is Gordon and I reside in Dallas TX. I am former Navy. Was a Machinist Mate in the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. Spent just shy of 5yrs regular Navy and 12yrs in the reserves with VF 201 and 202. Tomcat Plane Captain with 202 and AIMD with 201. Will never forget the feeling standing next to a bird ramping up on the cat before launch or being on Ike's fan tail test firing an engine. Like most of you I started modeling in grade school. My first one was a T-6 Texan. I got back into it a few years ago and was doing all WWII 1/48 scale. As soon as I finish my Blackcat I will be going to Cold War Jets. All branches and selected nations. Anyway I am still new to a lot of weathering and finishing techniques and looking forward to sharing some photo's and getting some tips from some of you out there.
Fireball out