Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Tweaks Lists > Prop Aircraft Tweak Lists

Notices

Old September 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Die-Hard Yankees Fan

Default 1/48 Italeri MV-22

I want to convert my 1/48 Italeri MV-22 into the U.S. Air Force CV-22. What do I need to do ? Thanks in advance.
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:22 AM
S/F not just a saying

71st SOS bird...walkaround

Build

Check list

This should get you started on what needs to be done.

HTH
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old January 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM

I know this is an old post but thanks for the info and links Tank. Much appreciated. That info over on ARC will certainly help my build.

As an additional question would you know if Italeri did anything to the moulds to update them from the first release? I have the Testors release which is really the Italeri kit reboxed.

Also, I guess many of these forums have a hard time understanding if you search for "v-22" since nothing comes up and obviously there is something there.

Cheers
Chris
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:33 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk174 View Post
I know this is an old post but thanks for the info and links Tank. Much appreciated. That info over on ARC will certainly help my build.

As an additional question would you know if Italeri did anything to the moulds to update them from the first release? I have the Testors release which is really the Italeri kit reboxed.

Also, I guess many of these forums have a hard time understanding if you search for "v-22" since nothing comes up and obviously there is something there.

Cheers
Chris
Yes, Italeri upgraded the kit. Italeri/Testors kit is made for a test bird. You need boxing 2622.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
If it ain't Boeing...

I've seen guys remove the "hump" from off of the top of the fuselage, but it's still there on operational V-22's.
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Chris, I'm wondering the same thing about the hump in center of the wing. In the the Combat Aircraft Vol.13 N. 1 there's a picture on page 68 that clearly shows the hump in center of the wing. Is it only on newer production blocks? Anyone have info on this?
Chuck
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis252 View Post
Chris, I'm wondering the same thing about the hump in center of the wing. In the the Combat Aircraft Vol.13 N. 1 there's a picture on page 68 that clearly shows the hump in center of the wing. Is it only on newer production blocks? Anyone have info on this?
Chuck
IIRC it is on all version but not as pronounced as Italeri has it.

MV-22A
http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-V-22A-Osprey.html

MV-22B (I am pretty sure that is what Dave got, again IIRC the change in the block A vs block B dealing with the wing was the engines and fairings next to it and not the center hump)
http://www.zone-five.net/showpost.ph...5&postcount=49

CV-22
http://www.pingsteal.net/photos/Andr...2%20Osprey.htm

HTH
Old January 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
If it ain't Boeing...

Well the kit did come out over 20 years ago.
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM

I climbed on an MV-22 last Monday, the hump is therebut it's blended in fairly well
Old February 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Wish some of the resin guys would do a airframe update/correction set for the USMC bird. You know, all the lumps and bumps. Maybe one day.
Chuck
Old October 17th, 2018, 01:45 PM

This thread is filled with dead links and is worthless because of it.
Old October 17th, 2018, 05:08 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matt Foley View Post
This thread is filled with dead links and is worthless because of it.
Thanks Capt Obvious, this thread was started like 7 years ago when the kit first came or was coming out. Things can and will get stale in they time frame.

In that same time cobra company created an osprey set and since closed down. Lone Star Models now has the set, Black Dog has a CV set out this year. SAC has a landing gear set.

Oh look not worthless anymore.
Old October 17th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Kitbasher

Mike drop...BOOM! Good to see you're still around Tank...