Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > Buy/Sell

Notices

Unread August 22nd, 2017, 08:57 PM

Question A-4H/N Skyhawk

I am wanting to build an Israeli A-4H/N Skyhawk. Hasegawa at one time offered a kit(#09943)but has since been discontinued. Trying to find a kit let alone decals and painting masks for a 1:48 scale Israeli Skyhawk has been so far very challenging. Any suggestions?
Unread August 22nd, 2017, 10:52 PM
You leak? NO fuel for YOU

Default Hobbycraft....

Made 2 I believe. An E/H and an N.

The E/H is kit #1436, the N is #1430.

To me, the Hobbycraft kit isn't as good as a Hasegawa, but it builds up ok and looks close enough to me. You may be able to kitbash something...

Good luck!

"Don't get me wrong, I like to cuddle. But there is such a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so that they can't get away." -A truism of life, by Dave Attell
Unread August 23rd, 2017, 10:44 AM
Left Wing Atheist

I did an A-4H a couple years ago using a Hasegawa A-4E boxing with a Cutting Edge conversion bought before they closed down and Isradecal A-4 Ahit decals new at the time from Spruebrothers.

Depending on the time frame an Israeli Skyhawk could be a "standard" USN A-4E with no unique Israeli mods or you can get Quickboost extended tail cone and 30mm cannons for a more heavily modded H or N. Most everything else you need should be in a standard boxing of the A-4E/F or A-4M.

For decals you may need to piece something together from other sets if you can't find skyhawk specific decals. A lot of the skyhawk squadrons transitioned to F-16 or Kfir squadrons which could have squadron badges appropriate for a skyhawk. You will need to do some research for this.

If you want to do something a little different, some of the Israeli Skyhawks with the extended tail cone ended up in Indonesia.
Unread August 23rd, 2017, 02:26 PM

Hasegawa made at least 2 -N kits in 1/48. One was an early -N that was pretty much just a -M with 30mm cannon, while the second was one with the later modes like the extended tailpipe.
Unread August 24th, 2017, 07:03 AM

If you can find this kit, HSGS4747, IDF exhaust QBT48247, 30MM DEFA guns QBT48178, and as for decals you have to do some searching for the Skys Decals of the Skyhawk which offers all the variants that IAF flew during their time with the skyhawks.

The reason I saw this kit is it has the correct tail for the A-4N and the A-4H which does not have the hump. If you have any questions let me know I might be able to help you Ill have to look through my stuff kinda packed up for a possible move but my Resin stuff is easily accessible.

Ask for mask if you want to look up Advance Model Products http://www.advmodprds.com he has some skyhawk IAF/IDF masks

Stanton

Last edited by HS-4Grandson; August 24th, 2017 at 07:07 AM.
Unread August 24th, 2017, 09:09 AM

I have both of the Hobbycraft kits - HC1430 (A-4N) and HC1436 (A-4E/H). I haven't built either of them, but the plastic looks decent.

Recently completed:
1:72 X-47B, 1:72 P-51D, 1:72 F-2XL, 1:35 Triceratops, 1:72 A-4M, 1:72 Yak-55M, 1:72 JAS-39C Gripen
On the bench:
1:32 A6M5 Zero, 1:72 Skyhawks, 1:72 MQ-9 Reaper, 1:24 Harrier GR.1, 1:72 B-24D, 1:144 Space Shuttle
Unread August 31st, 2017, 06:09 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to louie

the hobbycraft a-4's are monogram kits re-worked. they are the same kit with the hobbycraft being "dumbed down" prob. to get around copyright. the intake was changed and the scribing isn't as crisp as the mono.