Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > AOA Decals

Notices

Old December 20th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Triple Threat

Default 1/32 USMC F-4 Phantom Decals?

Ziggyfoos,

Any interest in making decals in the markings of USMC F-4B/Js in Vietnam Service or markings of the later all gray TPS colors of the F-4S & some F-4Js? Furball makes the excellent USMC Phantom in Vietnam sheet. I think something similar in 1/32 would be awesome. Thanks.

Masterguns

Retired US Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sergeant (E-9) with 30 years of service.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:46 AM

With my particular focus on USN/USMC Vietnam aircraft, the F-4B/J is definitely not ruled out and I have thought about potentials, but saying that, I have no plans at the moment to do them (things change though any time.) This is partly because it appears several others are already planning new F-4 decals for the upcoming B kit and the older J, and I think I'm in the small minority in having little interest in only the MiG killer F-4s.

On the other hand, I can say with confidence that no I won't be doing any TPS F-4s.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Triple Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyfoos View Post
With my particular focus on USN/USMC Vietnam aircraft, the F-4B/J is definitely not ruled out and I have thought about potentials, but saying that, I have no plans at the moment to do them (things change though any time.) This is partly because it appears several others are already planning new F-4 decals for the upcoming B kit and the older J, and I think I'm in the small minority in having little interest in only the MiG killer F-4s.

On the other hand, I can say with confidence that no I won't be doing any TPS F-4s.
Thanks for the reply, killer. No worries on the TPS Phantoms, however, some new 1/32 USMC Phantoms with service in Vietnam would be most welcomed. 48th scale is inundated with those flavors, but some colorful squadron markings of different Vietnam squadrons would be nice. I think CAM (and the defunct Fox One that sell for outrageous prices) is the only other well known company that's done 32nd Vietnam USMC Phantoms of a few different squadrons. VMFA-314 & -542 have been neglected in 32nd. I'm with you on the Mig Killer sheets. I have no interest in those at all. I'm for some variety of other squadron's line jets. Who announced that they are doing markings for the planned HK Models 1/32 F-4B & how does that affect your decision to do some markings as well or not? Merry Christmas to you!

Semper Fi,
Masterguns

Retired US Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sergeant (E-9) with 30 years of service.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
Thanks for the reply, killer. No worries on the TPS Phantoms, however, some new 1/32 USMC Phantoms with service in Vietnam would be most welcomed. 48th scale is inundated with those flavors, but some colorful squadron markings of different Vietnam squadrons would be nice. I think CAM (and the defunct Fox One that sell for outrageous prices) is the only other well known company that's done 32nd Vietnam USMC Phantoms of a few different squadrons. VMFA-314 & -542 have been neglected in 32nd. I'm with you on the Mig Killer sheets. I have no interest in those at all. I'm for some variety of other squadron's line jets. Who announced that they are doing markings for the planned HK Models 1/32 F-4B & how does that affect your decision to do some markings as well or not? Merry Christmas to you!

Semper Fi,
Masterguns

With no B kit being available previously, it's understandable that the focus so far has been on the Marine Vietnam F-4J squadrons only, so it's no surprise there hasn't been any 314 and 542 decals out there yet without a B kit for them.

I thought on LSP both Eli/Zotz and Jennings had both implied they were already considering B decals during the F-4B kit announcement long thread? Maybe I misread or misremembered. I imagine others also are planning to do some. I'm not a super F-4 fan so they're not really high on my to-do list, I figured the other guys would be more excited to jump on the decals.