Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Skull Leader's Avatar
Skull Leader Skull Leader is offline
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader
Default

Man, I take a break for a few days and I come back to this... I need to leave less often, you guys obviously miss me while I'm gone

In all seriousness, I hope the issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of everyone involved. As an admin, my views are pretty much in line with the rest of the team, so I won't bother re-iterating anything
__________________
-Jeremy
Zone-Five.net Administrator
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
oldthudman's Avatar
oldthudman oldthudman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hot Houston
Posts: 1,000,807
Wink Why shouldn't a 40 old man talk about model cars on a first date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
Aaaagh!

Works for me!.........AaaaahSo!
__________________
I feel the need.....the need for speed...!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:27 PM
JetBoy11's Avatar
JetBoy11 JetBoy11 is offline
Aspiring Lardass
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northamptonshire, U.K.
Posts: 689
Default

Depends on the model of model car, Oldthudman. Model Porsche = an uncomfortably hot, wet night with tropical storms ahead; model Civic = "...yeah, it's been great. Listen, I have a really early start tomorrow -I'll call you sometime, OK?" (Or maybe I'm way too cynical)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
John B's Avatar
John B John B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 32* 52' N, 117* 13' W
Posts: 1,914
Default

Not sure if this question belongs here or in another area, but here goes...
"How do you change the Subject line on your own post?"

I tried, but haven't able to do it. Example - I post "FS 1/48 Jets" in Buy and Sell. I later decide I have some prop kits I'd also like to sell and have realized I'm looking for a specific kit in trade. I go to my original post and change it to read "FS/FT 1/48 Jets and Props". I try to repost it, but what I see on the screen still says "FS 1/48 Jets". I hit Shift-F5 and still see the original title in the subject line. Am I missing something?

This topic may have already been addressed, and I apologize if it has. I can't find the thread on how to do it.

(Then again, I just noticed today that I can delete my own posts and all evidence of it would disappear unless someone else used my original post in a direct quote. I guess thats one way to keep from having to admit I made a mistake, was talking outta my butt or have been otherwise stupid.)
__________________
I understand that political opinions are like an anus and we each have one.
My point is "Why don't you keep both of YOURS to YOURSELF on a modelling site?"

Last edited by John B; July 11th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Colin K's Avatar
Colin K Colin K is offline
Not an Admin Anymore
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK Canada
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
Not sure if this question belongs here or in another area, but here goes...
"How do you change the Subject line on your own post?"

I tried, but haven't able to do it. Example - I post "FS 1/48 Jets" in Buy and Sell. I later decide I have some prop kits I'd also like to sell and have realized I'm looking for a specific kit in trade. I go to my original post and change it to read "FS/FT 1/48 Jets and Props". I try to repost it, but what I see on the screen still says "FS 1/48 Jets". I hit Shift-F5 and still see the original title in the subject line. Am I missing something?

This topic may have already been addressed, and I apologize if it has. I can't find the thread on how to do it.

(Then again, I just noticed today that I can delete my own posts and all evidence of it would disappear unless someone else used my original post in a direct quote. I guess thats one way to keep from having to admit I made a mistake, was talking outta my butt or have been otherwise stupid.)
John,

When you click on the edit button and are taken back into your post, there will be a button that says Go Advanced. Click on that button and you will then be able to change the subject line.

HTH
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
John B's Avatar
John B John B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 32* 52' N, 117* 13' W
Posts: 1,914
Default

Thanks Colin.

Ummm... am I doing this wrong? I just tried it and it changed the "title" of my original post, but it didn't change the "subject" (I guess we'd call it that) in the lists of posts in Buy and Sell.

Here's the link to my post in question -> Post

Maybe I'm not asking the right question. I guess the easiest route is just stay with the "not very slick, but it works" method of posting the new ad with the intended subject line and deleting the old one.
__________________
I understand that political opinions are like an anus and we each have one.
My point is "Why don't you keep both of YOURS to YOURSELF on a modelling site?"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Sabre Freak's Avatar
Sabre Freak Sabre Freak is offline
Internet Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 3,590
Default

FWIW, I've never been able to change the subject line of a thead, only a post.

Mods are the only ones that can do that (I think)
__________________

"Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?" John T. Chance
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Colin K's Avatar
Colin K Colin K is offline
Not an Admin Anymore
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK Canada
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
Thanks Colin.

Ummm... am I doing this wrong? I just tried it and it changed the "title" of my original post, but it didn't change the "subject" (I guess we'd call it that) in the lists of posts in Buy and Sell.

Here's the link to my post in question -> Post

Maybe I'm not asking the right question. I guess the easiest route is just stay with the "not very slick, but it works" method of posting the new ad with the intended subject line and deleting the old one.
I'm not seeing the "subject line" you and Sabre are refering too. All I see is the thread title and the space where you post your verbage. I looked on the buy/sell forum and your post now says jets and props for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:14 PM
John B's Avatar
John B John B is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 32* 52' N, 117* 13' W
Posts: 1,914
Default

That's because I decided to just post another thread. Oh well, I can't figure it out so I'll just chalk it up to cement fumes.
__________________
I understand that political opinions are like an anus and we each have one.
My point is "Why don't you keep both of YOURS to YOURSELF on a modelling site?"
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Colin K's Avatar
Colin K Colin K is offline
Not an Admin Anymore
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK Canada
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John B View Post
That's because I decided to just post another thread. Oh well, I can't figure it out so I'll just chalk it up to cement fumes.
Aye Aye! Carry on as (close to) normal!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Winter Lion's Avatar
Winter Lion Winter Lion is offline
Migrant Nitpicker
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Willis, Texas USA
Posts: 489
Send a message via MSN to Winter Lion Send a message via Yahoo to Winter Lion
Default

What an entertaining thread. Loved it. Thank you. I can come across hard as well. I'm not......It's all good. We are just different. That's what makes it fun.

Winter
__________________
It stops being an interesting debate when everyone agrees with you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.