Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Old January 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Default I'm me

Decided it's easier to use real names in forums to protect the innocenti.

Live and work in Auckland, New Zealand.

Interests are 1/48 USMC (especially where VMFA-451 are concerned), 1/72 and 1/48 IDF/AF (or ISAF as they are now known), 1/72 Italian jets, 1/48 Modern RNZAF, but will build anything that catches my eye.

I am also the owner of all of Hornet78's unbuilt models...
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
My name is Ryan and I collect BEE-BYE's kits. I used to like Harv, but every since he f'ed up his achilles heel, he has not been the same. I like coloring and picture books. One day I hope to finish a kit. Oh and to one day get Harv's model stash, his wife promised me a half built Tomcat.
and you said i'm late to the party!!! go back to your color by numbers ya friggin Target driver!!!

semper fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Scott Dworkin...Thousand Oaks, CA....Capricorn
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Default NSTR

Hello all,

I'm Andrew Steinbeck and hail from Newcastle, Australia. I'm in the Navy and am currently based in Sydney, working in the head office of the Grey Funnel Line.

My modelling interests are confined to not building anything in 72nd scale and pretending that one quarter of the stash will get built. If a miracle occurred and something was finished, there is a strong chance it would have Navy or Marines titles somewhere, or just go back in the box for stripping and a repaint later.

Cheers.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Default I am the Grumpy One

Hi all,

The name is Len and you may have seen some of my builds in the UK modelling magazines.

I am the guy who avoids resin and brass, and builds lots of stuff which people think will be hidden. But if you hold it like that, and with a torch look in there...

I only build in 1/72, British operated aircraft from, say, 1930 to 1950ish
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

Jeremy from Russellville, Arkansas. Proud Son of an all-navy family, and I will be continuing the tradition this late summer/fall (better late than never). I got back in to modelling around 2003 after a an 8-9 year hiatus. Naturally I tend to favor NAVAIR subjects, although I've been known to throw in the occasional USAF or foreign subject too. (Never built anything with "Marines" on the side before... but being surrounded by so many here, I'm sure their influence will make itself known eventually!). I'm still a member of ARC (they ain't kicked me out YET!) and Britmodeller. I'm not a member of HS for any personal reasons, simply because I think their bulletin board setup was created by a retarded monkey.

"Good Game" to everyone! (since Scott didn't do it first, I wasn't going to wait to strike! )

Last edited by Skull Leader; January 8th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:32 PM

All your base are belong to g0
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader
Default we'll let anyone in here these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0_command0 View Post
OMG who let YOU in here?!? (I see someone's been leaving the door open at night again... you never know WHO will come skulking in!!)

Welcome to the other side, g0ness... go drag Raymond's politically incorrect ass over here while you're at it

Last edited by Skull Leader; January 8th, 2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:36 PM

Josh Brown, builder of modern jets, choppers, ships, and tanks. My whole modeling experience is pretty much a "What if..."

Good to see so many familiar faces and names around here!
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Bob "Bails" Bailey. Born (1937) and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. Began modeling WW2 prop jobs out of balsa wood, graduated to pine in late 40's, to plastics in early 70's. About 35 total years of gluing-up little airplanes......steadily since retirement 11 years ago. Look forward to rapping with y'all at this new site.

Bails-In-Minnesota
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM

" I am also the owner of all of Hornet78's unbuilt models... "

I don't have any unbult models at all, I swear I don't, really! None what so ever. Man I tell ya don't ever be a week late for a GB or there is hell to pay if it's run by Craig, I mean whats he expect I live in a desert where my brain is half fried all the time so hoe does he expect me to live up to some half baked agreement/wager when I wasn't in my right mind???

Ok enough about all that, I'm Jim Clark, been roving around various boards since the late 90's when the web thing took off. I have been working as a Phoenix Firefighter/Engineer for the past 21.5 years and I;m currently assigned to the airport here in Phoenix. Been buildin models since I was a wee lad and I think I might have actually figured out how to do it by now. I;m mostly interested in 1/32 and 1/48 USN and IAF aircraft with some Russian and USAF subjects thrown in for good measure. I will admit to having some Floaty thingies and a few targets in the closet that might get built someday.
Many Thanks to Scott, Geoff and whoever else was behind this grand idea called Z-5.

Jim

Fear the Bones

A good friend will bail you out of jail, a great friend will ask "How did we get caught?"

On the Bench
1/350 IJN Nagato
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Hey, Tank, didn't I first meet you right after my surgery? Talk about a double-whammy! No wonder my Achilles has never quite been the same. Oh, and as far as the half-finished Tomcat goes, I'll earmark one of the 1/32 Revells for you - how 'bout the gear-up one...not too many small pieces. You can even do it as a VMFT-101 RAG bird...
Yep and if I had any good sense than I should have broken the other one. I can't remember what I got, cause I didn't collect 1/32 than probably havn't built it yet or used them.

The Revell one sounds good as Tanks's ham hocks don't like the little bits. It's hard for the sledge hammer to hit them it right. A Marine Tomcat would collapse multiply websites. Nice edit by the way, the other Tank is sensitive about that stuff.

Dan, pound sand. That is all.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1971 View Post
Josh Brown, builder of modern jets, choppers, ships, and tanks. My whole modeling experience is pretty much a "What if..."

Geezus! i mean seriously, are we gonna let anyone join?

welcome josh!

semper fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:25 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1971 View Post

More Armor the better.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I've seen things...

SPC Daniel PerezVertti, California Army National Guard.
When I'm not flying UAVs in my Guard unit, I'm a civilian Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor.
I don't own any companies, but I help out those who do, with artwork and references.
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Craig Baumer,MSgt in the MD ANG where I am the A-10C Engine Manager before that I was a Crew Chief/ Eng Troop for 27+ years.
Modern 48th scale jets although a neat WWII job might creep in!
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
A Marine Tomcat would collapse multiple websites.

Fixed it for you.

Marine tomcat? Really?
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0_command0 View Post
Whoa! My Silicon Valley bro is here!! nice!
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
Fixed it for you.

Marine tomcat? Really?
We were suppose to get them back in 75. A big generals fight and we didn't. I want to Iran got those. Harv can retell the 101 connection. I know/knew of a gent who said that 401 VF-124 had Marines painted on at least one side when we was with VF-124 MAD.
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Ming Ho (I GOTTA do a HO Raptor!)

Should I give you my a/s/l? Gosh, that's so 1998!
About me... hmm.... web/graphic designer. Love military aviation photography. I also do some wedding photography on the side.

Hoping to help out aftermarket companies with my skills.