Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread January 17th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Hi all... First post here at Z5, and thought I'd introduce myself. Longtime guest lurker over at ARC, but decided to sign up here after visiting once. I'm an active duty USAF Tech Sergeant, 8 years in, working in AMC global flight ops. Modelling interests lean toward post- '58 US/NATO aircraft and jet airliners, with occasional excursions into WW2 and Korea subjects. I'm also an aviation photography nut, and a god- awful golfer. Hope to participate as often as I can, and be of any help possible!

Cheers!

Brian

Last edited by QuietMan; January 17th, 2009 at 10:20 PM.
Unread January 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM

Brian,
Welcome to the nut house, and congratulations on being our 300th member!
Unread January 17th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I enjoy busting Scott's balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rob View Post
I teach 2nd grade for a living, but since teaching pays squa
I hear you! My wife's a 5th Grade teacher here in Ohio. Just remember you have one of the most important jobs in any society.

Glad to have you here!

Speed Hunter Graphics
www.speedhuntergraphics.com
-----------------------------------------
Unread January 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner Decals Geoff View Post
Brian,
Welcome to the nut house, and congratulations on being our 300th member!
Thanks, Geoff! Looking forward to participating...
Unread January 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to DemonLarkham Send a message via MSN to DemonLarkham Send a message via Yahoo to DemonLarkham Send a message via Skype™ to DemonLarkham

Wassup Z-5.
I'm Anthony Wan as some of you may know me as from ARC
A little history behind the call-sign, if any of you have read the book 'Scarecrow' by Matthew Reilly, one of the bounty hunter's is named Demon Larkham. It's also the name I play under in online games (Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, etc)
Currently I'm 17 (turning 18 next month), I'm in 12th grade.
I guess what I like to build is anything from cold war to ultra modern. I like odd stuff, and things that have not been built like 50 thousand times :P Fav. scale is 1/48 and 1/32...but anything I can't get in those scales I'll go smaller.
I don't usually get a lot of time to build especially now since I'm workin pretty hard to keep grades up so it looks good on the college mid-term reports which go out next week actually. Just finished with college apps a couple weeks ago, so now I sit and wait

Well, that's pretty much it...wanted to give this intro before we have another semi-meltdown.

=Awan AKA Demon

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey
Unread January 18th, 2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLarkham View Post
Wassup Z-5.
I'm Anthony Wan as some of you may know me as from ARC
A little history behind the call-sign, if any of you have read the book 'Scarecrow' by Matthew Reilly, one of the bounty hunter's is named Demon Larkham. It's also the name I play under in online games (Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, etc)
Currently I'm 17 (turning 18 next month), I'm in 12th grade.
I guess what I like to build is anything from cold war to ultra modern. I like odd stuff, and things that have not been built like 50 thousand times :P Fav. scale is 1/48 and 1/32...but anything I can't get in those scales I'll go smaller.
I don't usually get a lot of time to build especially now since I'm workin pretty hard to keep grades up so it looks good on the college mid-term reports which go out next week actually. Just finished with college apps a couple weeks ago, so now I sit and wait

Well, that's pretty much it...wanted to give this intro before we have another semi-meltdown.

=Awan AKA Demon
Hey bud, great to have to aboard!
Unread January 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietMan View Post
Hi all... First post here at Z5, and thought I'd introduce myself. Longtime guest lurker over at ARC, but decided to sign up here after visiting once. I'm an active duty USAF Tech Sergeant, 8 years in, working in AMC global flight ops. Modelling interests lean toward post- '58 US/NATO aircraft and jet airliners, with occasional excursions into WW2 and Korea subjects. I'm also an aviation photography nut, and a god- awful golfer. Hope to participate as often as I can, and be of any help possible!

Cheers!

Brian
Welcome Brian, great to see more military personnel.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Steven Brown here, aka "The Good Sergeant." I've been modeling for almost 30 years. I'm most interested in modern aircraft but have built armor, ships, and figures.

I'm mostly here to keep an eye on Anthony Wan.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Default I joined too

My name is Thomas- addicted to build 1/35 targets and 1/48 aircraft. Some of you might know me. I am located in Mainz, Germany.

BTW, why is my signature not displayed????

Last edited by Thomas; January 18th, 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Jack Bruno here!!! Hi to all
Unread January 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Senor Member

Hello. My name is Walter and I am a model builder. I generally build 1/48 aircraft ,but not exclusively. I've been building for over 42 years. My first kit was a Revell 1/72 Zero. It was baby blue. I joined IPMS in VA Beach last year, but do not plan to join my local chapter. Over the years I have ammased a large collection of kits, resin, photo etch, decals and research and I intend to finish each and every kit before I go room temperature at the age of 146!(But then don't we all?). I may pick you guys' brains occassionally, but rest assured I will try my best to assist any of you in any way I can. Thanks for having me aboard.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm3456 View Post
Hello. My name is Walter and I am a model builder. I generally build 1/48 aircraft ,but not exclusively. I've been building for over 42 years. My first kit was a Revell 1/72 Zero. It was baby blue. I joined IPMS in VA Beach last year, but do not plan to join my local chapter. Over the years I have ammased a large collection of kits, resin, photo etch, decals and research and I intend to finish each and every kit before I go room temperature at the age of 146!(But then don't we all?). I may pick you guys' brains occassionally, but rest assured I will try my best to assist any of you in any way I can. Thanks for having me aboard.

Hey welcome to the nut house amigo! Anybody with a block 40 avatar is golden in my book!
Unread January 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Bill here. Amateur aircraft photographer and A&P Mechanic since 1978.
I photograph for fun, put together museum 1:1 scale aircraft for the pleasure of others.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM

G'day everyone;
My name is Kai. I live in Germany and work for the US Army as a civilian in the Logistics field. Before this I served in the German Army and Air Force; all in all I've been around the military now for over 26 years.
I'm glad I found this place since I enjoy the research and history part of the hobby at least as much as the modelling.
Unread January 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
G'day everyone;
My name is Kai. I live in Germany and work for the US Army as a civilian in the Logistics field. Before this I served in the German Army and Air Force; all in all I've been around the military now for over 26 years.
I'm glad I found this place since I enjoy the research and history part of the hobby at least as much as the modelling.
Welcome Kai!

What part of Germany are you in? I am flying over there Tuesday to visit with my son and his family (He is Army) Any good model club meetings or hobby shops?

"You can't hit the ball unless you swing the bat." A baseball truth turned into a lifetime philosophy.
Unread January 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM

Hey guys, My name is Emil live in Canada. And I am a plastiholic. Work for an Airline here as a Lead. I don't build Airliners cause I see them all the time, my interests are mostly Modern/Canadian Military. But I will build almost anything that catches my eye. I am in the process of switch scales from 1/72nd to 1/48th due to the old MK1 eyeballs not functioning as they used to. Favorite Beer is Sleeman Draught.

Cheers
Emil
Unread January 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM

Hi to all, my name is Pavel Smetana I am a 30 years old aircraft engineer full PART-66 (B1) certificated for Boeing 737 and Airbus A320. Now working as a troubleshooter/maintenance controller at Czech Airlines.

Been modeling as a child but I had a long pause and returned to this amazing hobby about two years ago.

Good idea to have all of us introduced
Unread January 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Default There ya is!

Harald, Resident of London, Ontario, Member of the London IPMS club, liking helicopters and jets in 48th, 32 and 35th...

Helicopter Pilot and Instructor by trade, previously served in the Royal Norwegian Navy as Comms operator, and later Comms Officer, on Fast Patrol Boats, Coast Guard Ships, Mine Layers and HQ.

Cheers
H.
Unread January 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Hey fellas! Superb seeing all the shiny faces....some of y'all are new to a bunch of us, but dive right in.....I REALLY like this intro thing.....at some point everybody update your profile info with all this stuff, and post a pic!
Unread January 19th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53marine View Post
Welcome Kai!

What part of Germany are you in? I am flying over there Tuesday to visit with my son and his family (He is Army) Any good model club meetings or hobby shops?
Hey Harold,
That would be in the far western part of Germany, about 30 min from Ramstein AB. I love it here, but it's pretty much out there in nowhere land. The last good LHS in the area closed down about 4 years ago; that was the last time I went to a meeting. There is a club with plenty of talent not too far from here that hosts annual exhibitions (usually in fall). If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can find out.
B/R