Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Tun Tavern 1775

Default New member introductions and names

Gentlemen,

First, it is great to see all of the new members that have logged in over the past few days. Three days, over 1200 posts and 100 members.....not bad! This has the potential of becoming one of the best modeling forums on the net.

With that, there are a number of new members who have simply registered with their chosen screen names, which is fine. However, can you all please take a moment to post a brief introduction and provide at least your first name?

Introductions can be left in response to this post. As we have discussed, this is just like a model club and "knowing" each other could really help the forum flow.

For those that don't know me, I am the owner of Flying Leathernecks Decals and a SSgt in the US Marine Corps serving as the Operations Chief of the Reserve Support Unit aboard MCB Camp LeJeune, NC.

Welcome and enjoy!

Dave
Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Slacker Action

Send a message via Skype™ to Spaced

Hello everyone. My name is William Nichols and I locally affiliated with IPMS Phantom Phlashers in Birmingham, Alabamastan.

I'm a jet modeler and I love Monogram models. I know that puts in a different crowd at times, but for my budget they suit me fine.

I look forward to hanging out with everyone here.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM

Default Hello,

My name is Mike Long and I'm addicted to plastic.
I'm a SSGT in the Ohio Air National Guard with the 178th FW.

Last edited by longmc; January 8th, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever Send a message via Skype™ to marine4 ever

Howdy all! I'm Dan Macal I build anything with Marine on the side. But am particularly fond of the rotors. I am a retired Marine (SSgt) and also enjoy [hotography.

Semper fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Hi all, Glad to be associated with Dave Roof again. I'm Hal Marshman, Sr or Hal the p-47fan. As can be expected, razorback Thunderbolts are my favorite plane. I build mostly 1/48th fighters, USAAF (C), USN/Marines, and Luftwaffe. Once in a while I may stray, but not often. Anyone needs it, I am very knowlegeable on WWII German Uniforms, etc. More than happy to try to answer questions. Visit my site, halsr.com, and take part in the Meeting Room. vbgds to all, Hal Sr
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Hi. My name is Chris Ramirez. I'm currently a college student and a PFC in the US Marine Corps Reserves. I'm an 0311. Working towards getting a commission. I have about a year left of school.
I like building aircraft from Vietnam and Modern era.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hi. My name is Bob D. and I build 1/48 AC (including rotors). I build all eras but my personal preference is the 50's. I am a police officer (26 yrs). I am in the same IPMS club as Hal (P-47fan).
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM

I'm the owner of MAW-Decals and currently a SSgt in the Marine Corps and servings as a section leader in the Ground Sensor Platoon, 2d Intel Bn aboard Camp Lejeune, NC. Right accross the street from Dave. I enjoy building naval aircraft from all eras mainly USMC.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Valley Girl

I'm Daniel and a Midshipman 3/C at the University of Southern California. I prefer to build modern Navy/Marine aircraft with the occasional USAF or RAF subject thrown in.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM

My last name is pronounced BEE-BYE. I was a Marine Sergeant when then-Sgt Roof was doing his snake-thing at the Miramar CALA, Tank was a Cpl rolling in M1s, and Harv had just finished telling F-14 guys "...and here is when you got killed".
Aloha, hajimemashite, mucho gusto, and howdy. Its good to see familiar names.
Unread January 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Wink

Hello all. Newbie here. Name is harv(I know there is another here, thats odd to me) Anyway I`m 59. Been back to modeling for about 2 yrs now. I have 3 in the works but have not finished one YET. I build strickly 1/32 military aircraft. I started with mostly WWII but do have a few modern jets in the stash. So far my stash is small about 20. Looking forward to sharing here. I am a member of a couple of good forums, no strickly WERE THE GRATEST types. Will try and post pics later on. Thanks.......Harv
Unread January 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Hey All it's Thundergrunt, my Real Name is Eugene and I live in San Diego, as with BEEEEEEE BYYYYYYE, Harv, Davenport somtimes??, Mikester, Jacop51, and others. Anyway I am a Full Time Fireman, and a F-15 Eagle Crew Chief in the Oregon Air Guard, I build Mostly 1/48 USMC/USAF A/C. glad to be here and Shrimp & Fries to all those who serve(d) in the "SUCK".
Unread January 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundergrunt View Post
Hey All it's Thundergrunt, my Real Name is Eugene and I live in San Diego, as with BEEEEEEE BYYYYYYE, Harv, Davenport somtimes??, Mikester, Jacop51, and others. Anyway I am a Full Time Fireman, and a F-15 Eagle Crew Chief in the Oregon Air Guard, I build Mostly 1/48 USMC/USAF A/C. glad to be here and Shrimp & Fries to all those who serve(d) in the "SUCK".
Davenport is moving to the right coast for health reasons right now but he is closer to DC so who know what the boys up on the hill were thinking. How far to you have to travel for drill?
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread January 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I've seen things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
Davenport is moving to the right coast for health reasons right now but he is closer to DC so who know what the boys up on the hill were thinking. How far to you have to travel for drill?
Had a MIRIP sergeant that used to travel from OR to SD. But not every month. But we do have guys coming from AZ, and one sergeant from TX every month to drill.
Unread January 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Default Hello

My name is Mike Rechlicz. I am from Verona, Wisconsin. I am retired military (USAF). This looks to be a really great place to talk models. I like to build all sorts of models from figures to aircraft.
Mike
Unread January 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM

Default Intruders Forever!

Hello All:

I am intruder500... AKA Stephen C.
Unread January 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM

Talking Glad to be aboard!

My name is Herb Iske, aka HuskerHerb. I'm looking forward to jumping into the forums and participating in the discussions.

Professionally, I've been involved in the commercial printing industry since 1984. Fortunately, from the very beginning, I have been a supplier to the hobby/model aftermarket and kit industry's manufacturers for their waterslide transfer decals. Most modelers are familiar with the name Scale-Master and their artwork has comprised the bulk of my print production over the years.

I look forward to all discussions especially if you have any technical inquiries regarding decal production.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM

I'm Earl Scroggins, and you'll never take me alive.
Unread January 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Nick Kiriokos: Flight Line Safety Officer (aka Ramp Nazi) Dryden Flight Research Center. Like some others, Marine, now out of harness. Build mostly 1/72, some 48th, and I've fondled 1/32 scale. Props, jets. Don't do cars or figures. Lurk too mainly unless I got something to say.
Unread January 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasaNick View Post
Nick Kiriokos: Flight Line Safety Officer (aka Ramp Nazi) Dryden Flight Research Center. Like some others, Marine, now out of harness. Build mostly 1/72, some 48th, and I've fondled 1/32 scale. Props, jets. Don't do cars or figures. Lurk too mainly unless I got something to say.
Welcome!