Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread June 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Default Issue resolved - nothing more to see here.

Hey all
Had a communication snafu with West (88phantom).
I think we've got it all clarified now.
Thanks
Harold

Last edited by prowler4; June 15th, 2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: clarified - see final post if too overly curious.
Unread June 14th, 2010, 05:51 PM

I am guilty. I never paid attention to the email alerts that come from Zone-Five stating "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL". I 'thought' I replied back via the email from Zone-Five instead of going to the site to reply. I now realized that Harold never received it. Guilty!

I do have the proof of my attempt to email him (dated Friday 6/11 at 12:59pm) from my sent items which I forwarded to Harold to show him that I tried to repond letting him know the kit was spoken for. He pointed out the email was sent to someone else. I have no idea who the reply went to so someone received an email from me for no reason. I never pay attention to the reply email address to make sure it matches the sender.

I also guess that if I leave my computer on, with Zone-Five pulled up for a lengthy period of time, I should always refresh my screen before proceeding to another website incase I was PM'ed so as to not give the impression I was ignoring someone. I missed that rule and am also guilty.

Not sure if I should be a Stiff because of a mistake but what can ya do?

I have traded many years on this site as well as others. Never had any issues before. Yes, I have sent kits and money out a little slow every once in awhile but everyone has received their items everytime.

If I am in the wrong then I accept that. I have made mistakes before and will make mistakes again. I don't like having my name on this list especially since I experienced a bad deal in the past. No buying/selling actually took place, no one is out money or out a kit. The kit was already spoken for prior to any emails or PMs from Harold.

SO….when you get an email from Zone-Five that says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL"……it means it!

West
88phantom
Unread June 15th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Default traded and bought kits from west....

one GREAT guy.
Unread June 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann View Post
one GREAT guy.
I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that this particular incident was less than "great". Take it for what it's worth.
For example:
1. It took over a week for the kit in question to be taken off the "for sale" list. Even if he didn't contact me, promptly updating his post would have solved a lot.
2. My initial contacts weren't through Z-5, but direct emails (as requested by him), so the "do not reply" excuse doesn't hold water. All he had to do was reply to my direct contacts. Didn't happen. I only went the PM route when I hadn't heard anything back - and then still nothing.
3. It took starting a post here to finally get any kind of reply.

I'll grant you, no one's out any money. West didn't cheat me or steal from me. I just found his communication sub-standard and his excuses kind of thin.
Harold
Unread June 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM

Default Great Trader in My Book.

Never had a problem with West its always a pleasure doing business with West.

Stanton
Unread June 15th, 2010, 10:16 PM

West
This is becoming a bit bigger than I had intended.
You owned up to your end - and I firmly believe there was nothing malicious involved. Let's call it done.
I think the horse is sufficiently tenderized at this point.
Nothing to see here folks = move along.

Harold