Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread April 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Angry Ebayer PKMN2525

Has anyone done business with this person. He fails to communicate. The products were damaged when I received them. He fails to follow up on any email contact. I would not do business with this person if he was the last ebay seller of models in the world after this last transaction.
Unread April 18th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Flemister60 Send a message via Skype™ to Flemister60

Is he out of Seattle WA?

Edit: I looked him up. I know exactly who this guy is. Back when I bought off e-bay, I bought several kits and decals from him. One kit and two different decal sheets never showed up. I never got my money back, never got a shred of sympathy from him and never bought from him again. I haven't been the best seller here recently, but I am making it right by everyone I sold to. This guy doesn't. Avoid at all costs.

Steve

Last edited by Flemister60; April 18th, 2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Updated information
Unread April 19th, 2009, 10:34 AM

He's so hit or miss I avoid him like the plague. he gets good stuff for a reasonable price, but alas, due to his track record, I won't buy anything more than old decals from him, and I would never buy a kit from him...no way. he doesn't care, doesn't respond, and doesn't return feedback, nice seller.....

Jeff
Unread April 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM

I've used him a couple of times and had good results.
Unread April 20th, 2009, 01:51 PM

I've bought from him quite a lot from this side of the pond and have had no problems at all,but agree about the feedback thing, doe's not seem to be bothered to leave feedback on most occasions now.
Unread April 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM

I've bought from him a few times - can't remember any particular problems.
Unread April 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM

Ya the last time I bought from him I left no feedback either, because I notced he left none as well. Also yes I am sure he is here in Seattle.
Unread April 25th, 2009, 08:33 AM

FWIW, his feedback is 99.8% and he's sold 5000 items in the past 12 months.
Unread May 1st, 2009, 11:58 PM

He lives in the Seattle area and I know exactly who he is, but I won't divulge his real name.
I used to buy from him when I was a Seattle IPMS member and he was a "Slicky Boy" then.
I've bought from him on eBay a time or two and had good results, but I still have the lingering memory of counting my fingers after shaking hands with him in Seattle.
Tread carefully there, usually he's okay, but don't be surprised if he screws you.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Senor Member

Over the last nine years, I have bought a number of items from his "smoke free home" (mostly decals)and had no problems at all. As far as feedback goes, if he chooses not to leave it, that's up to him. I usually leave it after I get an item, but it's more of an acknowledgement of reciept than anything else.
Unread May 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Sierra Hotel Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloomis007 View Post
Has anyone done business with this person. He fails to communicate. The products were damaged when I received them. He fails to follow up on any email contact. I would not do business with this person if he was the last ebay seller of models in the world after this last transaction.
He's an Ass-Hole, to put it mildly. I was stiffed by him on 2 occasions. This goes back some 6 years ago. The first transaction was 4 sets of decal sheets, which never made it. He said he sent it but since I did not ensure it, it was one me.

I was a bit peeved, but wrote them off as a PO fuck up. About a year later, I bought 2 sheets from the guy. I should also note I had another transaction in between these two that was ok. Back to the second stiff:
I was in a remote location and decided to send him cash, as it was under $11. After about 2 weeks, I inquired about the decals and he said he did not get payment. I sent another payment, this time a local BX bank MO and he said he could not cash it. I threw in the towel and said forget about it and just send me the MO back. Another 10 or so days roll by and I asked about the MO and he said it went out a week ago.

I knew he was full of shit, so I took the MO receipt tab and the trace showed it cashed the day before. I called him out on it and he denied it, till I told him about the MO trace. He then tried to say his bank at first would not cash it, but then held it for a while before it was approved. Yeah right, for and $10 and some change MO from BX credit union? It got ugly, especially after I recalled the other transaction he claimed the PO stiffed me on. This issue was brought to Ebay’s attention, but they basically washed their hands of the ordeal, saying it was between us only.

He later mentioned he would be barring me from bidding on any of his items. I replied with a “ I could give a F*%K” and said the barring would be mutual. Since then I’ve warned my friends about dealing with this prick!

Mike V
Unread May 7th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Enforcer View Post
He's an Ass-Hole, to put it mildly. I was stiffed by him on 2 occasions. This goes back some 6 years ago. The first transaction was 4 sets of decal sheets, which never made it. He said he sent it but since I did not ensure it, it was one me.

I was a bit peeved, but wrote them off as a PO fuck up. About a year later, I bought 2 sheets from the guy. I should also note I had another transaction in between these two that was ok. Back to the second stiff:
I was in a remote location and decided to send him cash, as it was under $11. After about 2 weeks, I inquired about the decals and he said he did not get payment. I sent another payment, this time a local BX bank MO and he said he could not cash it. I threw in the towel and said forget about it and just send me the MO back. Another 10 or so days roll by and I asked about the MO and he said it went out a week ago.

I knew he was full of shit, so I took the MO receipt tab and the trace showed it cashed the day before. I called him out on it and he denied it, till I told him about the MO trace. He then tried to say his bank at first would not cash it, but then held it for a while before it was approved. Yeah right, for and $10 and some change MO from BX credit union? It got ugly, especially after I recalled the other transaction he claimed the PO stiffed me on. This issue was brought to Ebay’s attention, but they basically washed their hands of the ordeal, saying it was between us only.

He later mentioned he would be barring me from bidding on any of his items. I replied with a “ I could give a F*%K” and said the barring would be mutual. Since then I’ve warned my friends about dealing with this prick!

Mike V

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me.
Unread May 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM

I've bought stuff from him before... never had any problems
Unread February 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM

Default I *might* be getting screwed by him.....

Bought some Aeromaster decals, paid on 1/31/10. He says they were mailed out, never arrived. He said he would send out another set. Guess I'll wait a few more days.

I opened a dispute w/eBay & used paypal, so maybe, at least I can get my $$$ back.
Unread February 22nd, 2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by major malfunction View Post
FWIW, his feedback is 99.8% and he's sold 5000 items in the past 12 months.
That means he has received negative feedback in the past 12 months. They no longer compute feedback longer than 12 months. As far as I am concerned, their feedback technique is a load crap.
Unread February 22nd, 2010, 02:36 PM

I don't know the guy - and have never met him. I have probably bought 6 to 12 different decal sheets from him through eBay. It's always gone very easily. I'm not defending him, but it sure sounds like he isn't consistent.

Hitch