Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Trumpeter Models

Notices

Unread December 24th, 2010, 12:26 AM

Default Frog Foot, incomplete...false advertising

Dear Trumpeter,
Where are the Su-25 outer wing pylons featured on the box art, but not in the box??? Very dissatisfying! You should offer discounted prices if you are going to offer incomplete subjects.

Be greatful Zactoman is offering a product to complete your model.

BW
Unread December 24th, 2010, 07:40 PM

Default Missing 5th Pylon on Trumpeter 1/32 Frogfoot Kit

Hi BW,

You are correct the box art shows a 5th outboard wing pylon and in fact all Su-25's have an outboard pylon (with launch rail) which is for the carriage of air to air missiles.

Regretably the Trumpeter 1/32 kit does not include a set of these pylons. It has the 4 inboard pylons (on 4 identical sprues labeled WX) and 2 additional sprues with many other pylons and launch rails but no Su-25 specific outboard pylon. In fact the 2 additional sprues have pylons that don't even go on the Su-25. They're mostly for Su-27 and Mig-23 aircraft.

I have forwarded this mistake on to Jackson Xiao at Trumpeter. He is their Public Relations director and he will forward this on to their production department. I'm not sure what they will do about this mistake but whatever I find out I'll make another post.

I also pointed out to Trumpeter that the other versions of the Frogfoot (Su-25K, Su-25UB, Su-25TM, and Su-39) all have this 5th pylon. So they will need to include it in any future Frogfoot kit they might produce.

We'll see what they say,

Dave Mason
IPMS Philippines