Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Trumpeter Models

Notices

Unread December 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM

Default Trumpy A-6A update?

The 1:32 A-6A was scheduled for a last quarter 2010 release...does anyone know if that is still achievable?

I've been painin for the Intruder for years...hope the prior announcement made this summer is not just another ghost story.

Anyone?
Unread December 6th, 2010, 01:25 PM

2011/12 catalog is hitting the net almost as I write this - armor releases from Trumpy are out are Armorama and hopefully the aircraft listing will be out later today or tommorow

Stay tuned
Unread December 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM

I have it on good authority that the kit will be out in the next century.
Unread December 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM

It is still in teh 2011/12 catalog, and now we even have a 48th scale version from Hobbyboss.
Unread December 10th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Oh my God, I'm a Pilot!

EA-6B Prowler in 32nd? Anyone? This one tops my list- did it fizzle?

Pig
Unread December 10th, 2010, 07:28 PM

Willing to be they just want to get that blasted Intruder mold finally released!
Unread December 11th, 2010, 01:57 AM

It's been on the Trumpy release list for the last 4 to 5 years if I remember correctly...
Unread December 14th, 2010, 07:04 AM

Probably finding it hard to locate someone's intellectual property to copy it from.
Unread December 14th, 2010, 08:22 AM
ATKRON 196

^^^ That sounds about right.
Unread December 24th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Hi Guys,

The 1/32 Trumpeter A-6A and A-6E Intruder kits are still in the works. They were placed on the back burner for a while because of the 1/48th scale Trumpeter (aka Hobby Boss) Intruder kits.

It was decided (at the highest levels at Trumpeter) to accelerate the 1/48th scale Hobby Boss Intruder kits to compete directly with the new Kinetic Intruder/Prowler kits. Kinetic's new 1/48th scale EA-6B Prowler is already out and Trumpeter thinks it will be followed closely by a new 1/48th scale A-6E TRAM Intruder kit. So Trumpeter wants to beat Kinetic to the hobby shelves with their own 1/48th scale A-6E TRAM Intruder kit. Sometime in 2011 1/48th scale modelers will have two brand new A-6E TRAM Intruder kits to chose from.

LATER.......IN......2011........OR.........POSSIBL Y.........IN......2012...........1/32 scale modelers will have their wishes come true and they too will have a brand new 1/32 scale A-6A and A-6E TRAM Intruder kit to munch on. The 1/32 A-6A and A-6E kits are already listed in Trumpeters 2011-2012 catalog but there is no specific release date. They will happen but we will have to wait.

One thing to keep in mind is that by producing the 1/48 Intruder kits first we can nit pick them to death and get Trumpeter to fix any mistakes BEFORE the 1/32 kits come out. Sure it is Utopianly desired that all mistakes are removed from both the 1/48th and 1/32 scale kits but based on past history that's unrealistic.

So hang in there, the wait will be worth it.

Dave Mason
IPMS Philippines
Unread December 25th, 2010, 12:01 AM
ATKRON 196

^^^ What a fucking shock....... It's delayed. Again.

I would laugh my ass off if Academy or Hasegawa beat them to the punch and release a 32 Intruder.
Unread December 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM

What a frickin disappointment! Hmmmm...let's figure thus one out...junk the release of the 1:32 kit, pissing those of us who thought they would release in late 2010 quarter to compete with another 1/48 version?

If Trumpy were to release the 1:32 they would have 100% of the market share...going with the 1:48 they will share the market and their past 1:48 releases arent exactly that great.

Arrrrrggggggghhhhh!
Unread December 30th, 2010, 01:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46bimmer View Post
What a frickin disappointment! Hmmmm...let's figure thus one out...junk the release of the 1:32 kit, pissing those of us who thought they would release in late 2010 quarter to compete with another 1/48 version?

If Trumpy were to release the 1:32 they would have 100% of the market share...going with the 1:48 they will share the market and their past 1:48 releases arent exactly that great.

Arrrrrggggggghhhhh!
Ah, but they want to try to grab as much interest/buzz/sales from the new 1/48 Intruder release as I'm sure they've observed from the release of a 'modern' 1/48 Prowler...Then, those 1/32 guys will be foaming at the mouth for that long-awaited 1/32 version, 'pissed-off' or not; in a frenzy of what-ifs depending upon whether they 'get it right' or screw the pooch in 1/48...Either way, many buyers will be ready to pony-up the cost...which will probably have inched up well over 2 bills; while others will be left to stick with the smaller scale or await better prices on the resale market. But they'll get their sales, and if they hurry (unfortunately-because that will most likely result in a greater chance for errors) they'll do it in both scales...
Unread December 30th, 2010, 02:31 AM

Here's the latest from Trumpeter,

The molds are being cut right now for the 1/32nd scale A-6A and A-6E Intruder kits. This is the final step before a test shot will be available for inspection. Typically it takes 4-6 weeks minimum to cut all the metal molds (top and bottom). Then they have to organize the molds into sprues. Then the sprues are sent to the injector machines for the first test shots to be made. Trumpeter will make a test shot available to IPMS Philippines as soon as possible. Usually they mail it to my house in Angeles City and I go over it very closely. I'll then get together with 3 or 4 of our 1/32 scale jet builders in Manila and we'll critique it together. Then we'll send our comments and the test shot back to Trumpeter for them to consider. Sometimes I personally take it back to the factory and brief them on it face to face. They will take our comments into consideration and make any corrections they feel are necessary. I have already seen the line drawings and 3D renderings so the test shot should already be pretty good. We'll also review their choice of markings and weapons and comment on that. Usually IPMS Philippines is pretty fast with our review. They also send out test shots to other reviewers so once everyone gets their inputs back to HQ they will make a final decision on corrections and additions and then go into production. All this reviewing takes time so there's no official release date other than sometime in 2011. My guess is May or June for the A model and a month or two later for the E. There's a lot of interest in the Intruder series so they really want to take their time and get it right.

As soon as we get the test shot we'll post photos of it on our web site.

Have a Happy New Year!

Dave Mason
IPMS Philippines
Unread January 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Dont I remember a full fledged test shot of an A-6 at the Chicago Ihobby show a few years back?

Seems like they really want this thing to be a winner. Wonder if it will be the first trumpy kit without issues.

Id be down for a prowler, or at least the money to get one.

http://th01.deviantart.com/fs6/300W/..._PeeEssPee.jpg
Unread December 27th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Oh my God, I'm a Pilot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mason View Post
Here's the latest from Trumpeter,

The molds are being cut right now for the 1/32nd scale A-6A and A-6E Intruder kits. This is the final step before a test shot will be available for inspection. Typically it takes 4-6 weeks minimum to cut all the metal molds (top and bottom). Then they have to organize the molds into sprues. Then the sprues are sent to the injector machines for the first test shots to be made. Trumpeter will make a test shot available to IPMS Philippines as soon as possible. Usually they mail it to my house in Angeles City and I go over it very closely. I'll then get together with 3 or 4 of our 1/32 scale jet builders in Manila and we'll critique it together. Then we'll send our comments and the test shot back to Trumpeter for them to consider. Sometimes I personally take it back to the factory and brief them on it face to face. They will take our comments into consideration and make any corrections they feel are necessary. I have already seen the line drawings and 3D renderings so the test shot should already be pretty good. We'll also review their choice of markings and weapons and comment on that. Usually IPMS Philippines is pretty fast with our review. They also send out test shots to other reviewers so once everyone gets their inputs back to HQ they will make a final decision on corrections and additions and then go into production. All this reviewing takes time so there's no official release date other than sometime in 2011. My guess is May or June for the A model and a month or two later for the E. There's a lot of interest in the Intruder series so they really want to take their time and get it right.

As soon as we get the test shot we'll post photos of it on our web site.

Have a Happy New Year!

Dave Mason
IPMS Philippines
Dave-

This post is now one year old.
Any news?

Pig
Unread December 27th, 2011, 02:49 PM
ATKRON 196

Same shit. Different year.
Unread January 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM

I plan on checking out a few reviews and build-up's anyway when it's released.Too much money to turn loose and regret later...
Unread January 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot M. View Post
I plan on checking out a few reviews and build-up's anyway when it's released.Too much money to turn loose and regret later...
Exactly what I do for ALL of Trumpeter's releases. Don't yet own a single Trumpeter kit

"3 - 2 - 1...Fight's on"

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/robertCarvallo/1-2.jpg
Unread June 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM

Here's a quick update courtesy of our friends in the Phillipines...
http://ipmsphilippines.com/test-shot...er-kit-status/