Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Linden Hill Imports

Notices

Unread March 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Default MiG-21MT/SMT gallery

Dave (& Motty?), thanks for doing this for me.

As a thank you, here are some shots I took in 2009 of a rare MiG-21 sub-variant, the MT. It was supposed to be the export variant of the SMT, but found no customers outside the USSR, and ended up being flown by the VVS alongside the SMT.

The SMT was very unpopular with Soviet pilots, in contrast to the relatively vice-free bis variant.

Eduard will shortly be releasing an SMT kit, so these pics might be use for anyone buying it:

http://gallery.me.com/kilpyavr#100142
Unread March 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Call Me Bubba

Welcome to the forum. I like doing Russian and foreign subjects. I'm getting ready to order some stuff from you this week.
Unread March 20th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Tun Tavern 1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden Hill View Post
Dave (& Motty?), thanks for doing this for me.

As a thank you, here are some shots I took in 2009 of a rare MiG-21 sub-variant, the MT. It was supposed to be the export variant of the SMT, but found no customers outside the USSR, and ended up being flown by the VVS alongside the SMT.

The SMT was very unpopular with Soviet pilots, in contrast to the relatively vice-free bis variant.

Eduard will shortly be releasing an SMT kit, so these pics might be use for anyone buying it:

http://gallery.me.com/kilpyavr#100142
It's our pleasure! You're going to be a welcome addition to the knowledge base of this forum and its members will benefit greatly by having you here.

Enjoy!

Dave
Unread March 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM

Welcome! Would love to see some decals for J-7/F-7 fighters from Pakistan, Egypt, etc.
Unread March 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texan View Post
Welcome! Would love to see some decals for J-7/F-7 fighters from Pakistan, Egypt, etc.
Thanks for the feedback, BT. We'd certainly make plans for J/F-7 decals if the Chinese (TR, HB, etc.) were ever to announce a 1/48 scale kit. Right now, there's only the oldish Trumpeter 1/32 scale effort, and the toy-like 1/48 AA kits from the late 1990s.
Unread March 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden Hill View Post
Thanks for the feedback, BT. We'd certainly make plans for J/F-7 decals if the Chinese (TR, HB, etc.) were ever to announce a 1/48 scale kit. Right now, there's only the oldish Trumpeter 1/32 scale effort, and the toy-like 1/48 AA kits from the late 1990s.
From what we hear, looks like Eduard may produce the F-13. The F-13 as you know, is the basis for the J-7/F-7, the difference being how the canopy opens and the ejection seat. Hopefully, someone will produce a conversion set. This is an overlooked aircraft that many nations fly, mostly Islamic nations. Its great to have F-18's, 15's, 16's, etc. But what about adversary aircraft?

The Trumpeter kit I plan to do an Egyptian version. I also have the AA kit, which is a copy of the Academy kit. It's not too bad. Using a Verlinden PF detail set and some good ole modeling skills, this will be a decent model.

Glad you're here and thanks for producing what you have!
Unread March 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM

I really hope you do a sheet of some interesting Fishbeds for the upcoming eduard kit.
Unread March 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM

I'm working on it right now. We're looking at a couple of unusual East German options (original crappy M variant, delivery scheme MF, bis-equipped Gorky-built late MF), plus Hungary, Romania pre-1985 and Bulgaria. The Bulgarian options should be the most interesting, as we're trying to select MFs involved in border incidents with the Turks in the 70s and 80s.

My Eduard delivery arrived today. The kit is truly a labor of love for the Czechs; I doff my proverbial cap to them.

My biggest gripe would be the cockpit. The pre-painted photo-etch is way too bright with the 'cockpit green'. My partners at AKAN paints in Russia have just created two hues of the MiG-21 cockpit green; weathered and unweathered. I should finally have them in stock in a couple of weeks. The p/etch green is brighter than even the unweathered AKAN blend, and I know AKAN used factory swatches to create the paint.
Unread March 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Bringing any of the Eduard MiGs to Mosquitocon this weekend?
Unread March 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM

Sorry, Steven, we won't be there this weekend. Family commitments took precedence (my daughter's looking at colleges...).
Unread March 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Total bummer, Guy! What will I do with all this money in my pocket?