Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Old June 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM
LAATFIDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Leader View Post
Ok, evidently some people can't read english or simply choose to ignore that which has been requested of them...

DO NOT REPORT A POST UNLESS THERE IS SPAM THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED! I do not care if your sensibilities have been offended by something someone posted. I do not care if the thread sets an all new low for acceptable topics of discussion (a hard bar to get beneath given the company we keep here lol). This is NOT a family-friendly site and we do NOT cater to pansies, pussies, panty-waists, or pushovers. When presented with a thread that you believe achieves a new low, offends you or causes you to believe others might be offended, instead of wasting the admin team's time by reporting the post, try one of the following remedies:

1. Build a bridge and GET OVER IT
2. Get happy in the pants you got mad in
3. Return fire (at your own risk)
4. Don't look at said thread again
5. Leave.

It's as simple as that. The next person that reports a thread that isn't spam or a housecleaning issue saying "have you seen this shit?" "Do you believe this shit?" "Do you believe HIS shit?" "Do you believe MY shit?" or any derivative thereof, will likely see a change in their callsign.
That's just awesome right there. Could you write a post like that for people that call 911 for stupid shit?

Randy Rothhaar Photography
Old June 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Ok, evidently some people can't read english or simply choose to ignore that which has been requested of them...

I think I know what thread you're talking about.
Old June 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Captain Stink Pickle

I must have missed something...can you believe that shit!!!!
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieself View Post
I must have missed something...can you believe that shit!!!!
I can't believe THIS shit!
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:04 AM
LAATFIDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBoilermaker View Post
I can't believe THIS shit!

Randy Rothhaar Photography
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:09 AM

Damn....Randy won that round.
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Captain Stink Pickle

Yep...hard to beat a Picard...
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
I see your Picard and raise you two girls. And one cup.
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I didn't have a Picard rebuttal to a Picard, let alone a clever comeback with a picture.
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagap View Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
I just puked, just a little bit.
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Captain Stink Pickle

Quote:
Don't you dare!!!! I'll drive to San Antone tonight and crap on your porch!!!!!
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Administrator

To expand upon what Skull said, no matter how objectionable we as the admin/mod team find any reported posts to be, we will at all times remain as objectionable as possible, ergo leaving it up to you, as the ADULT member to resolve any dispute amongst yourself and totally leave the thread unaltered.

If you are new to the site, you may not have seen the Z5 method of dispute resolution in action as of yet. Typically it goes like this; One Asshat will show their true moronic colors by posting some truly asinine banal diatribe that oozes with their on home-brewed flavor of stupidity, then the membership as a part or whole, without fear of the retribution from the almighty, diaper-changing mods, verbally jumps their asses in a way that will shame any gang initiation beat-downs. At this point, the original Asshat poster will either play cry-baby and stomp off Cartman style or they suck it up, pick their man card off the ground, dust it off and return to the sandbox to play.

I always see the posts you all report to me, but no matter my own personal feelings on the matter at hands, I will always leave it to you to resolve your own ruffled tail feathers and I highly encourage you all to grow a pair and speak your mind on the matter publicaly in a post of your own. You will probably have to do this in the real world and daddy is not always around to look after you.
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Ack, Oop, THPPFFT Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
To expand upon what Skull said, no matter how objectionable we as the admin/mod team find any reported posts to be, we will at all times remain as objectionable as possible, ergo leaving it up to you, as the ADULT member to resolve any dispute amongst yourself and totally leave the thread unaltered.

If you are new to the site, you may not have seen the Z5 method of dispute resolution in action as of yet. Typically it goes like this; One Asshat will show their true moronic colors by posting some truly asinine banal diatribe that oozes with their on home-brewed flavor of stupidity, then the membership as a part or whole, without fear of the retribution from the almighty, diaper-changing mods, verbally jumps their asses in a way that will shame any gang initiation beat-downs. At this point, the original Asshat poster will either play cry-baby and stomp off Cartman style or they suck it up, pick their man card off the ground, dust it off and return to the sandbox to play.

I always see the posts you all report to me, but no matter my own personal feelings on the matter at hands, I will always leave it to you to resolve your own ruffled tailfeathers and I highly encourage you all to grow a pair and speak your mind on the matter publicaly in a post of your own. You will probably have to do this in the real world and daddy is not always around to look after you.

Which is why this is the greatest modeling forum in this dimension. (Well, that and I hang out here. )

"Stupidity is like nuclear power! It can be used for good or evil, and you donít want to get any on you." Dilbert.

Flag Plot: My virtual model display shelf
Old June 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Tucker View Post
Which is why this is the greatest modeling forum in this dimension. (Well, that and I hang out here. )
Ahhh, RJ you're not giving yourself ENOUGH credit! The *only* reason we're here is because you hang out here!
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ack, Oop, THPPFFT Baby!

Quote:
Ahhh, RJ you're not giving yourself ENOUGH credit! The *only* reason we're here is because you hang out here!
A little lower, to the right, just a smidge up...ooooh yeaaaaah.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... ..........

Me love you long time, too.

"Stupidity is like nuclear power! It can be used for good or evil, and you donít want to get any on you." Dilbert.

Flag Plot: My virtual model display shelf
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Not an Admin Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
To expand upon what Skull said, no matter how objectionable we as the admin/mod team will at all times, remain as objectionable as possible, ergo leaving it up to you, as the ADULT member to resolve any dispute amongst yourself and totally leave the thread unaltered.

I always see the posts you all report to me, but no matter my own personal feelings on the matter at hands, I will always leave it to you to resolve your own ruffled tealfeathers and I highly encourage you all to grow a pair and speak your mind on the matter publically in a post of your own. You will probably have to do this in the real world and daddy is not always around to look after you.

Well, while I don't write as elequently as Fury and Skull....lol....they are right. We're not moderators here, looking out for content.....we're admins who keep the site running as efficiently as possible. We don't buy into the philosophy that we need others to think for us....we're adults here and we should solve problems, well, like....adults. Skull, Fury, Motty and myself really have better things to do than babysit people and play mediator for disputes.

Plain and simple, if you find some content objectionable/offensive, let the origional poster know that...but don't be a douchebag about it either. If the OP decides that you're right, then hopefully that person will do what's needed and alter the post. If not, then that's all fine and good. We're not going to delete the post or lock threads....if you see something offensive and cannot resolve the problem, I guess that's one less thread you get to look at.

Some may wonder how this works, and really, there is no good explaination other than, it does. Treat adults like adults. GIVE them the expectation that they are responsible for their own experience on this site and that they can think for themselves and say what's on their mind without fear of being oppressed, banned, etc and things seem to work out fine. dudes get pissy with each other here from time to time....then you know what, they discuss things....like adults....come to an agreement, shake hands and continue on as if nothing happened. No mods swooping in to tell anyone to play nice, no threats of locking threads for any reason.....and above all...no one else thinks for you, but yourself.

Everyone is welcome here....no one is "weeded out". If some ass hat decides to stir the pot, he's dealt with my the membership as a whole. No one is banned....if said ass hat wants to stay and continue stirring crap, we can dish it out too. Some have tried to stir things up to prove a point....and they were sent packing when they were told we aren't buying into it.

Final point, this is YOUR web site.......EVERYONE here is an "owner" per se. If you have a problem with someone or a post, you're the adult, you take the time to fix the issue, and in a respectable manner. If you're going to be a douche, there are other sites that are well suited to that.
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
S/F not just a saying

It does say....

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Might be why some are spamming you......jest saying.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old June 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

we're working on that... It came like that default with the forum software.
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to MaRiO FDZ

Quote:
Fury is too busy getting drunk and chasing mujers across the border (Tom, talking to a girl in BBS code is NOT gonna get you laid!)
OMG WTF?!?!! hahahahahha You and I have a trip to hooters, there are many things to discuss!!!!

Take Care

Last edited by MaRiO FDZ; July 6th, 2009 at 03:45 AM.