Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Modeling Forums > Ordnance and Things under Wings

Notices

Old February 16th, 2019, 04:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv
Default Super Hornet pylons for loading single AMRAAMs?

Gents...my Google-fu is failing me...doing a special build, and want an F/A-18F with a loadout of 9X on the wingtip rails, and 4 AMRAAM, 2 on individual pylons for each of the 2 outboard-most stations under each wing. Got stations 1 & 11 (9X), 2 &10 sorted: but I'm uncertain about the racks/launchers for a single 120 on stations 3 & 9...Can someone point me to the right designations?
Thanks-
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Old Cranky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Gents...my Google-fu is failing me...doing a special build, and want an F/A-18F with a loadout of 9X on the wingtip rails, and 4 AMRAAM, 2 on individual pylons for each of the 2 outboard-most stations under each wing. Got stations 1 & 11 (9X), 2 &10 sorted: but I'm uncertain about the racks/launchers for a single 120 on stations 3 & 9...Can someone point me to the right designations?
Thanks-
For AIM-120's on station 3 and 9 you have to load them in pairs on a LAU-115/LAU-127 "Monster". The only single AIM-120 authorized on station 3 and 9 are CATM-120's and they have to be on a monster.

If you really want to do just a single launcher on 3 & 9, it would be set up just like stations 2 and 10; pylon / ADU-773 / LAU-127. Note: this is not authorized but is physically possible.

Both Wolfpack and Attack Squadron made 1/48 scale Monsters.

Hth

People who disrespect the American flag never had to worry about coming home under one.

Last edited by GW8345; February 17th, 2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Thanks, Gerry- Was hoping you'd pick up the "White Courtesy Phone"...! This is for a non-reality build; but want to be somewhat plausible. The info you provided will certainly get me where I need for this particular build.
Most appreciated - BZ!
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Old Cranky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Thanks, Gerry- Was hoping you'd pick up the "White Courtesy Phone"...! This is for a non-reality build; but want to be somewhat plausible. The info you provided will certainly get me where I need for this particular build.
Most appreciated - BZ!
Always a pleasure to help out.

People who disrespect the American flag never had to worry about coming home under one.