Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread May 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
S/F not just a saying

Aaaagh!
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread May 1st, 2009, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Dennis: I told you, we're an anarco-sydicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...
King Arthur: Yes...
Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
King Arthur: Yes I see...
Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...
King Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of...
King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Woman: Order, eh? Who does he think he is?
Unread May 1st, 2009, 07:17 PM
I don't like SPAM!!

King Arthur: I am your King!

Mate, this parrot wouldn't "voom" if you put four million VOLTS through it!!?
Unread May 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Dennis: I told you, we're an anarco-sydicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...
King Arthur: Yes...
Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
King Arthur: Yes I see...
Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...
King Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of...
King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Woman: Order, eh? Who does he think he is?
'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread May 1st, 2009, 07:28 PM
Not an Admin Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motty View Post
King Arthur: I am your King!
Well, I didn't vote for you!
Unread May 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Captain Stink Pickle

Send a message via Skype™ to willieself

I thought that any one making a Monty Python joke was supposed to receive a punch to the throat????
Unread May 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieself View Post
I thought that any one making a Monty Python joke was supposed to receive a punch to the throat????
You are correct, that or a bitch slap.
Unread May 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Come on, you pansy!
Unread May 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Who's That At The Door..?

Asides from Roof's initial post,and the next two or three responses...this has more or less degenerated into the usual vertiginous fuckery that prevails around here....

http://www.scalewarbirds.com
Unread May 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Captain Stink Pickle

Send a message via Skype™ to willieself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBoilermaker View Post
You are correct, that or a bitch slap.
Well looks like there will be fisticuffs at Nats after all!!!!!
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Well looks like there will be fisticuffs at Nats after all!!!!!
Bring it. I've got a sock o'quarters just waiting for such an occasion. Then after the obligatory visit to the ER for stitches, we'll use it to buy beers for all involved!
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
Moistened bints lobbing scimitars? Are we back to talking about strap-ons again? Oh, dear.
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKelley View Post
Asides from Roof's initial post,and the next two or three responses...this has more or less degenerated into the usual vertiginous "goofiness" (edited) that prevails around here....
You know, there's wisdom in realizing that not everything that's important to you is just as important to everyone else.
Just like there's folly in thinking that everyone has to take this as seriously as you do.

A bit of foolery always helps us keep that in perspective.
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Accidental Cag...........and Jarhead

to add to what Prowler just said,,,,,,there is also the difference in how this would play out in person vs. how it goes in posting responses

if this were Roof and I, in person,,,,one of us would make the comment the other didn't like,,,,I'd explain myself after his response,,,apologize for crossing a line,,,and go back to picking on Spaced's paint choice on his latest build,,,laugh and move on to other things (and wait for Spaced's reaction to the planned bait, lol)

talking on the net is a lot like trying to have a serious detailed convo in a crowded bar with the jukebox blaring,,,,,,hard to get anything across,,,,best to just have another drink and poke fun at each other

Rex
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler4 View Post
You know, there's wisdom in realizing that not everything that's important to you is just as important to everyone else.
Just like there's folly in thinking that everyone has to take this as seriously as you do.

A bit of foolery always helps us keep that in perspective.

Really? Well, you seem to have this all figured out....but I'm going to tell you this, anyways; I take none of this seriously. Beleive me, you...I know what is and is not important in this life. However, before you rolled up in here, I was asked via PM to change some of my post(s), as they took away from the intended seriousness of the original post(s). Regardless of what disagrrements Roof and I may or may not have,I'm NOT here to spoil anyone's fun, nor to upset anyone, I did as asked, and changed the post. As for "wisdom"...you're a real card. "Intrawebz Wizdom"....you haz it. I don't like followers. You're a follower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexinTN View Post
to add to what Prowler just said,,,,,,there is also the difference in how this would play out in person vs. how it goes in posting responses

if this were Roof and I, in person,,,,one of us would make the comment the other didn't like,,,,I'd explain myself after his response,,,apologize for crossing a line,,,and go back to picking on Spaced's paint choice on his latest build,,,laugh and move on to other things (and wait for Spaced's reaction to the planned bait, lol)

talking on the net is a lot like trying to have a serious detailed convo in a crowded bar with the jukebox blaring,,,,,,hard to get anything across,,,,best to just have another drink and poke fun at each other

Rex

My point regarding "vertiginous fuckery" is more specific to how someone makes an insipid comment, then it's followed by 11 or 34 responses by every cutsie-pie who thinks they can put a new spin on the same, unthought chicanery.. Yes, I know, it's all good fun, blahblahblah. Maybe I'm running in the wrong circles (as usual).

Unread May 2nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Accidental Cag...........and Jarhead

my point was that ONE comment made in person,,,,,would just pass by,,,,,and not be a permanent blot on me,,,,,,unless I made 12 of those in a short span of time,,,,,,and I wouldn't feel compelled to "leave the bar" because someone corrected me,,,,,,heck,,,,there wouldn't even be time for the "cutsie's" to come along and defend me or Roof,,,,,or to "gang up" on he or I,,,by the time someone noticed we had a "thing happening",,,,it would almost be forgotten by both of us

anyway,,,I am not defending either person here,,,,,just trying to state how cludgy even the best net interface is

(I do wish the poster hadn't left Z5 over this,,,,,it IS possible, even on the web,,,,to just take a hit on a comment, and move along with modeling)
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexinTN View Post
my point was that ONE comment made in person,,,,,would just pass by,,,,,and not be a permanent blot on me,,,,,,unless I made 12 of those in a short span of time,,,,,,and I wouldn't feel compelled to "leave the bar" because someone corrected me,,,,,,heck,,,,there wouldn't even be time for the "cutsie's" to come along and defend me or Roof,,,,,or to "gang up" on he or I,,,by the time someone noticed we had a "thing happening",,,,it would almost be forgotten by both of us

anyway,,,I am not defending either person here,,,,,just trying to state how cludgy even the best net interface is

(I do wish the poster hadn't left Z5 over this,,,,,it IS possible, even on the web,,,,to just take a hit on a comment, and move along with modeling)

I agree with you Rex.

Unread May 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKelley View Post
Really? Well, you seem to have this all figured out....but I'm going to tell you this, anyways; I take none of this seriously. Beleive me, you...I know what is and is not important in this life. However, before you rolled up in here, I was asked via PM to change some of my post(s), as they took away from the intended seriousness of the original post(s). Regardless of what disagrrements Roof and I may or may not have,I'm NOT here to spoil anyone's fun, nor to upset anyone, I did as asked, and changed the post. As for "wisdom"...you're a real card. "Intrawebz Wizdom"....you haz it. I don't like followers. You're a follower.
And you're critical of insipid comments?
Your direct responses have been nothing but defensive obduracy.
And based on a couple of posts, you've got me and the rest of us all figured out.
Yawn.
James, your credibility is taking a huge hit.
I'm done on this thread. Moving on.
Unread May 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler4 View Post
And you're critical of insipid comments?
Your direct responses have been nothing but defensive obduracy.
And based on a couple of posts, you've got me and the rest of us all figured out.
Yawn.
James, your credibility is taking a huge hit.
I'm done on this thread. Moving on.

LMMFAOOOoOOOooOooO!!!!

My credibility is taking a huge hit on Zone Five, with some guy hiding behind an anonymous moniker!

BTW...I'm also shameless and reprobate. And, I based my comments on things I've seen here over the past 6 months, not the past 6 hours since you showed up. I know I don't have to read them if I don't like them. Most times, I don't. Just like you don't have to read my comments.

Whoever you are. Who are you, anyways? Add some credibility to your statements.....

Unread May 2nd, 2009, 04:34 PM

You guys can all take a leap....I'm just thrilled to be on a site where guys throw out obduracy and vertiginous like beads at boobies during Mardi Gras.