Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Tun Tavern 1775

Default New member introductions and names

Gentlemen,

First, it is great to see all of the new members that have logged in over the past few days. Three days, over 1200 posts and 100 members.....not bad! This has the potential of becoming one of the best modeling forums on the net.

With that, there are a number of new members who have simply registered with their chosen screen names, which is fine. However, can you all please take a moment to post a brief introduction and provide at least your first name?

Introductions can be left in response to this post. As we have discussed, this is just like a model club and "knowing" each other could really help the forum flow.

For those that don't know me, I am the owner of Flying Leathernecks Decals and a SSgt in the US Marine Corps serving as the Operations Chief of the Reserve Support Unit aboard MCB Camp LeJeune, NC.

Welcome and enjoy!

Dave
Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Slacker Action

Send a message via Skype™ to Spaced

Hello everyone. My name is William Nichols and I locally affiliated with IPMS Phantom Phlashers in Birmingham, Alabamastan.

I'm a jet modeler and I love Monogram models. I know that puts in a different crowd at times, but for my budget they suit me fine.

I look forward to hanging out with everyone here.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 08:47 AM

Default Hello,

My name is Mike Long and I'm addicted to plastic.
I'm a SSGT in the Ohio Air National Guard with the 178th FW.

Last edited by longmc; January 8th, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever Send a message via Skype™ to marine4 ever

Howdy all! I'm Dan Macal I build anything with Marine on the side. But am particularly fond of the rotors. I am a retired Marine (SSgt) and also enjoy [hotography.

Semper fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Hi all, Glad to be associated with Dave Roof again. I'm Hal Marshman, Sr or Hal the p-47fan. As can be expected, razorback Thunderbolts are my favorite plane. I build mostly 1/48th fighters, USAAF (C), USN/Marines, and Luftwaffe. Once in a while I may stray, but not often. Anyone needs it, I am very knowlegeable on WWII German Uniforms, etc. More than happy to try to answer questions. Visit my site, halsr.com, and take part in the Meeting Room. vbgds to all, Hal Sr
Unread January 8th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Hi. My name is Chris Ramirez. I'm currently a college student and a PFC in the US Marine Corps Reserves. I'm an 0311. Working towards getting a commission. I have about a year left of school.
I like building aircraft from Vietnam and Modern era.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Hi. My name is Bob D. and I build 1/48 AC (including rotors). I build all eras but my personal preference is the 50's. I am a police officer (26 yrs). I am in the same IPMS club as Hal (P-47fan).
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM

I'm the owner of MAW-Decals and currently a SSgt in the Marine Corps and servings as a section leader in the Ground Sensor Platoon, 2d Intel Bn aboard Camp Lejeune, NC. Right accross the street from Dave. I enjoy building naval aircraft from all eras mainly USMC.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Valley Girl

I'm Daniel and a Midshipman 3/C at the University of Southern California. I prefer to build modern Navy/Marine aircraft with the occasional USAF or RAF subject thrown in.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM

My last name is pronounced BEE-BYE. I was a Marine Sergeant when then-Sgt Roof was doing his snake-thing at the Miramar CALA, Tank was a Cpl rolling in M1s, and Harv had just finished telling F-14 guys "...and here is when you got killed".
Aloha, hajimemashite, mucho gusto, and howdy. Its good to see familiar names.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM

I'm Earl Scroggins, and you'll never take me alive.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Not an Admin Anymore

Colin Kunkel here. I seem to be the only Canadian on the boards right now. I build aircraft......used to do solely modern stuff, but now have branched off into older jets and WW2 prop stuff. I also have a huge interest in Canadian (duh) subject matter, in particular, the CF-18 Hornet.

I work for Staples as a Web Tech, primarily helping people who can't seem to log into our lovely (sarcasm) web site.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Rich "Harv" Harvey
Retired LCDR, out of the Naval Reserve. Intel O; last 'hardware' squadron was VFC-13 in the 'brown hornet/NAS Miramar' days. Been kicking around San Diego/Miramar since the mid-80s as a uniformed officer and as a contractor as well. Worked with VF-126, NFWS, VF-43, VFA-127, VFA-125, VF-124 on training & (Stirke)Fighter tactics analysis. (Did ACM proficiency assessments prior to airwing deployment). Also worked in the E-2/C-2 and S-3/ES-3A program (engineering) offices at various times. Can't talk about stuff on the 'spook' side; but I've been supporting SPAWAR engineering efforts since just before 9/11 - heading up the OCONUS Navy Intranet upgrades in the Far East & a little Brit rock in the I.O., and lately on the NextGen fused network. Not surprisingly, I tend to favor Naval Air - Mostly Pac; mostly adversaries, mostly 1/32...but take on other projects as the interest arises (JASDF aggressors, IADF 15s & 16s)...but hardly finish anything. Seem to have been saddled with a bunch of Marines for modeling buds, just like at Miramar...John B, Davenport, ThunderGrunt, Voss "Flying Tank", plus Tank and Roof (by long distance to the East Coast).
Thanks to those responsible for putting this together; appreciate the work & effort. Some great folks have begun participating, and I'm just happy to be here!

Last edited by Harv; January 8th, 2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Included Tank in my Marine modeling buds...think I hurt his feelings by forgetting to include him (and the other Tank, too).
Unread January 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
ZOMG! I HAVE THE POWER!!

Drewe Manton. Been about various boards (and RMS!) for it seem like forever. I guess some of you will know me, or have seen some of my models over the years. Precision machinist in the aerospace industry by trade, but these days a uniform response officer with Dorset Police in the South West UK.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM

Aaron Rhodes here. I currently attend Central Washington University here in my home town of Ellensburg, WA. I'm married with two kids (a two year old son, Jared, and a two month old daughter, Allyson) and I work at Safeway grocery store. I'm interested mostly in modern aviation, particularly USAF, and most especially the F-15E Strike Eagle. I'll branch off into the world of props and helos occasionally, but mostly stick with jets.

Aaron
Unread January 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
S/F not just a saying

My name is Ryan and I collect BEE-BYE's kits. I used to like Harv, but every since he f'ed up his achilles heel, he has not been the same. I like coloring and picture books. One day I hope to finish a kit. Oh and to one day get Harv's model stash, his wife promised me a half built Tomcat.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Hi everyone, Todd Parker reporting. I live in Red Rock AZ. I've been working as an Engineer and Machinist for a DoD contractor for 18 years, I've had my hands in everything from Aim9x to Tomahawk and recently the new AAAV. I build mostly Marine aircraft and armor, I was inThe Marines in 87/88 and loved every second of it. Recently I've been getting into Air Force jets, with all the great decals coming out for them who wouldn't.

I met Dave Roof a few years back and haven't been the same since, one of the best guy's I know.

Last edited by Todd P in AZ; January 18th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Unread January 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
My name is Ryan and I collect BEE-BYE's kits. I used to like Harv, but every since he f'ed up his achilles heel, he has not been the same. I like coloring and picture books. One day I hope to finish a kit. Oh and to one day get Harv's model stash, his wife promised me a half built Tomcat.
Hey, Tank, didn't I first meet you right after my surgery? Talk about a double-whammy! No wonder my Achilles has never quite been the same. Oh, and as far as the half-finished Tomcat goes, I'll earmark one of the 1/32 Revells for you - how 'bout the gear-up one...not too many small pieces. You can even do it as a VMFT-101 RAG bird...
Unread January 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Trust me, I'm an engineer

I'm Jens Brandal, currently living in the UK where I work as a mechanical engineer for a company in the automotive sector. My modelling interests are aircraft post 1940(aircraft of my native Norway being a large part of it), but I'm also interested in cars, ships and military vehicles.

Jens
Unread January 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Hey guys....Cliff Eastman here..... grew up a Navy brat( Dad was a VS Stoof driver) so my aircraft of choice are Navy/Marine types. Glad to see a lot of familiar names here and look forward to seeing this thing grow into something special.