Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread June 13th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I don't like SPAM!!

Exclamation Anyone Awaiting Membership Activation, or accidentally banned. PLEASE READ.

G'day All,

Sorry for putting this in here but I thought it was the most likely place for most people to see it, and it seems that some may still not be reading the "sticky note" posted above.

There are still 70 or so people who I am still trying to get registered here who haven't responded to the many emails I keep sending out to ask for their help. If you're still waiting, please check the email address you used to register here at Zone Five, or contact me directly at Zone5email(at)googlemail(dot)com

I have tried several different methods to try and contact these pending members, using different emails and other attempts, trying to explain what I am asking for to try and validate these accounts but most do not respond to my attempts (in some cases, since January). It seems that some may not be getting my emails, no matter how I send them so, if you are still waiting for your account to be fully activated, this is what I have been trying to email to you;

--------------

If you are waiting to have you membership at Zone Five activated;

We currently have a problem with spammers trying to access the site, and we are taking measures to try and ensure that only valid members are allowed access.

In order to help us with this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could include some relevant information, of your own choice, in the personal details section of your profile. This will help us confirm and activate your membership as soon as possible.

We have mentioned this request in the main forums as well.
http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=6934

And you can see some of the reasons why we are taking these measures in this thread.
http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=6864

Some have indicated that it is not clear how to add the information we are requesting, so this is an explanation of where to find it.

First, you need to log in. When you have logged in, you will see a list of menus across the top of the page (below the "Zone-Five.Net" header). The one on the far left is "User CP" which means User Control Panel.

When you click on this, you will see a list of controls down the left side of the page. Things like "Your Profile", "Settings & Options", "Subscribed threads" etc. The top one should be "Your Profile" with sub-headings of "Edit your Details", "Customize Profile" and "Edit Profile Picture". Click on "Edit Your Details".

At the bottom of this page is a section titled "Additional Information" with fields for "Biography", "Where you live", "Interests" and "Occupation". It would be very helpful for us if you could enter some information (of your own choosing) in some or all of these fields. You can delete it as soon as we have activated your membership if you have any privacy concerns. We are only interested in trying to confirm legitimate members from possible spammers. Nothing else.

We hope this helps and if you have any problems, please contact us for assistance.

If, after a certain time, you still haven't added any info, your account may be deleted as a suspected spammer.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and delays but we hope that it helps make for a better time for those who use the forums legitimately.

Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

Regards,
The Zone Five Admin Team.

------------------

I have reason to believe that most of the pending members that are on the "waiting list" are probably genuine, but I would simply like a quick response as requested above to confirm. I will then fully activate your account and you will be able to fully participate in the forums and have access to all the boards features.

Also, some people who have contacted me, have expressed concerns about providing personal information to gain entry to the site. I have tried to make it clear that I'm not asking for anything you are not comfortable to provide, or anything particularly sensitive. There must be something simple that you can add that would just illustrate that you are a genuine member and not a spammer? I can't say what to add because the spammers could just read this and find another way through. It's not so much about what you add or about "vetting" members (I probably spend less than a second looking at it), but purely an effort to keep out unwanted spammers. Nothing else.

If you wish to contact me directly about this, please use Zone5email(at)gmail(dot)com

I would really like to get as many people on the waiting list joined as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Motty.

Mate, this parrot wouldn't "voom" if you put four million VOLTS through it!!?

Last edited by Motty; January 24th, 2014 at 12:58 AM.
Unread June 17th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

Unread August 20th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I don't like SPAM!!

Unread December 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I don't like SPAM!!

Unread January 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I don't like SPAM!!

Unread January 20th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Accidental Cag...........and Jarhead

Motty, a heads up for you

instead of "Zone5email(at)googlemail(dot)com",,,,,,,,your addy is really "Zone5email(at)gmail(dot)com"

I know because that is how I changed your addy to get it to work for the message you recently answered for me

maybe that is part of the reason that people say "I can't get an answer from them" when they post about joining Z-Five on other forums?
Unread January 24th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

Good spot Rex, Many thanks for the heads up.

I'll see if I can find everywhere I need to change that.

Cheers,
Motty.