Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Sprue Brothers / Steel Beach

Notices

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Default SB Virtual Warehouse idea!

SprueBrothers, ever consider during your holiday specials like the one going on right now to have a Virtual Warehouse where customers could buy items and then be stored for a short amount of time before sending them out?

This way customers could take advantage of your one day sales without having to send them out every time you purchase something. Shipping cost would be reduced and would encourage customers to buy rather then think about and then say....... why am I paying close to the cost of my sale item in shipping fees.

I was going to buy 2 cans of paint today at 15% discount, but when I saw that the cost of shipping was too much, I just passed until I have something else in mind and bundle it with other items. Those 2 cans would have cost about $23 after shipping.

If you are interested in this go look at it at HobbyLink Japan and see what they are going. http://www.hlj.com/newhlj.html

In my case I have purchased 5 times from them in the past month and now can ship my order for about 75% cheaper and that's FedEx!!! I also have spend a lot more money from having this service. I have found that when I purchase from them I feel more comfortable due to this virtual warehouse because I know that shipping charges won't kill me down the road.

I know you have to make money and I am just fine with that. I am just trying to help you guys out with an idea that just might work as long as you do it right. Remember we are all living in a different world now and money is tight for some of us.

I hope you can see my point. Everyone please comment and tell me any concerns or a better ideas.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:26 PM

yep I had the same thoughts...as in too bad they dont let you build up item like the ne w HLJ private wharehouse....I passed up at least 4 specials due to cost of shipping.....
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM

You can't justify buying something at 15% off because the shipping cost bites you in the ass and you don't come out ahead in most cases. Maybe if the discount would be 25% or more, the shipping wouldn't be so bad. The only people that this sale benefits is those who live close enough to just pick it up.
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Steel Beach Resin

I'll pass it on to Gordon for you. That's a pretty good idea.
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rob View Post
I'll pass it on to Gordon for you. That's a pretty good idea.
Thank you very much sir!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Steel Beach Resin

I talked to Gordon this weekend. If you want to set things aside so that you reach free shipping, he said he does that all the time. When you purchase an item, simply type in the "notes" area that you'd like them to hold the items you've purchased and that you'll combine them later on. While it's not the "virtual warehouse", it pretty much serves the same purpose.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rob View Post
I talked to Gordon this weekend. If you want to set things aside so that you reach free shipping, he said he does that all the time. When you purchase an item, simply type in the "notes" area that you'd like them to hold the items you've purchased and that you'll combine them later on. While it's not the "virtual warehouse", it pretty much serves the same purpose.
Thanks Rob for talking with Gordon about this idea.

I think that it would be a good idea to put this somewhere on the SB site so we all can benefit from this. The only issue I have is that the shopping cart needs to have a feature added to allow the shipping charge be waived from the total until the customer wants this shipped. Having to write a note won't cancel the shipping charge to my knowledge without someone going in and changing the order. If an option is available at checkout, it will save the company time and money.

Please ask Gordon if he can make some changes to his site and make it easy for both of us. Also see if a page could be made so the customer can track his held items.

Thanks again Rob!!!

Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
S/F not just a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKattR View Post
Thanks Rob for talking with Gordon about this idea.

I think that it would be a good idea to put this somewhere on the SB site so we all can benefit from this. The only issue I have is that the shopping cart needs to have a feature added to allow the shipping charge be waived from the total until the customer wants this shipped. Having to write a note won't cancel the shipping charge to my knowledge without someone going in and changing the order. If an option is available at checkout, it will save the company time and money.

Please ask Gordon if he can make some changes to his site and make it easy for both of us. Also see if a page could be made so the customer can track his held items.

Thanks again Rob!!!

Tom,

You know you can always ask Gordon directly at sales@spruebrothers.com? It has been my experience that Gordon has always answered all my questions.
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:38 PM

Ok so I want to order the G-factor F-111A exhaust, but I want to delay the shipment so I can order more items later (hopeing G-factor makes the F-111F cans), I want to pay paypal so I am not sure how I will be billed seeing as though I have to select a shipping cheapest being $6.90. I dont have microsoft outlook on my computer so I dont know how to email spruebroes. Could they just give a email address in the contact us section? Anyways just really confused here on how to contact them.
Old December 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
S/F not just a saying

help@spruebrothers.com
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.