Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Sprue Brothers / Steel Beach

Notices

Unread June 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Default F-4 accessories

Hey-o. Just wondering if there were any plans to restock any Phantom accessories. Specifically the stiffeners and the Hase "S" update set. Here's to hoping!!
Unread June 20th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Steel Beach Resin

They are sitting on my table in my basement all packaged. A very large restock is going to Sprue Brothers this week. Look for them to be available sometime next week.
Unread June 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Internet Hero

I'm intrigued!

What is in the update for Has F-4S set? The Sprue Brothers page for it kinda assumes you already know what's in it:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/148-s...69-p23830.aspx

Actually I'm intrigued about a bunch of your products, it's just hard sometimes to figure out, well, what they are....

Here is an example:
http://store.spruebrothers.com/148-s...55-p21548.aspx

All I can tell...It's a piece of off-white paper in a plastic bag. What is it exactly? Should I get it if I'm doing an A-10A?

(Enough modelers around here speak up about your outstanding product line so I know I should probably buy them, but buy what?)

"Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?" John T. Chance
Unread June 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Outstanding sir!! I will definitely be placing an order!!
Unread June 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM
Steel Beach Resin

One of things I need to do in the near future is take a whole bunch of pictures of my stuff actually being used on models. Unfortunately, other things always seem to get in the way! I'm still just a one-man show in my basement. In regards to your question, the F-4S set allows you to convert the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J into an S. It provides the slats, mechanisms, and wing braces. The Has F-4S can be hard to find at times. The slime lights for the A-10 are the low intensity strip lights for night flying. I've never liked the color of most decals, so I found a vinyl color that was spot on to the color of the slime lights. They are vinyl. You simply pull them off the backing and put them on the model where you would decals. They're quite nifty! :-)
Unread June 21st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Internet Hero

Just a simple verbal description would be a huge help...Is it vinyl or resin, what color?

Your products labeled "Nav Lights" for example...Might they be clear resin or are they always peel and stick vinyl?

"Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?" John T. Chance
Unread June 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rob View Post
... In regards to your question, the F-4S set allows you to convert the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J into an S. It provides the slats, mechanisms, and wing braces.... :-)
Would these pics be any help? They are pics for the F-4S update for the Monogram kit, but it might be a helpful aid to "visualize" the contents of the update set.

Last edited by John B; June 21st, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Unread June 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM

I'm definitely going to get a couple of F4J update sets and a couple of the stiffeners. I think they'll look better than the etch ones.
Unread June 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Steel Beach Resin

They're also easier to put on. I'm heading up tomorrow, so look for them by the end of this week or early next week.
Unread July 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM

How about doing some replacement pylons for where the ter and the Sidewinder missiles are located. The lugs for the ter definitely aren't right.
Unread July 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Steel Beach Resin

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperguy View Post
How about doing some replacement pylons for where the ter and the Sidewinder missiles are located. The lugs for the ter definitely aren't right.
Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look at exactly what that would be, since my knowledge of F-4's is basic at best. My casting skills are the same way!