Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread May 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to herchealer
Angry Z5 member Flemister60

Traded kits with this guy almost two months ago and have not recieved my kits. First few messages, were along the lines of I have to get them, oh i just managed to find them, I promise to mail by this date then that date.... For the past week he has ignored my PM's even though he has been on here several times. Until I get my kits I say STAY AWAY!!!

Jeremy
Unread May 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
Nice Cock!.....on that sheet

Familiar tune from ARC...I think he's in the US Army, with a helo unit, that rotates to Asia a lot so typically when he's there, he'll offer to pick up kits there (the markup on asian manufactured kits sold in the US to the local prices there is breathtaking) and ship them out. Then, he'll get swamped with work or locked onto base and can't deliver. I'd ordered two kits, an Academy MH-53 and F-22 from him and got nothing back, with the same story line you got.

After a few months, I got an email from his wife who was evidently balancing their books and saw all these paypal deposits and was trying to figure out what was up....or they got a request to return funds through paypal from someone else. Anyhew...as soon as she got involved I got the kits in about a week!

My guess is he's gone the "trade" route (were the kits you were trading for new, asian manufactured ones?) in order to keep SWMBO off his ass.

That said, it was my 4th or 5th bad purchase on ARC in about a 6 month period, so I'm pretty wary now, although the last couple have gone through without a hitch (not with him..I'm done there).

Spongebob
Unread May 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM

Default They were

Yep they were actually 2 Acadamy humvees. He robbed me for a 1/48 Has. F-4. I hate dishonest people, especially those in the Military, they give us other military guys a bad name.
Unread May 2nd, 2010, 07:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to tomcat_tweeker

Dude! U'll get ur stuff.... Kinda Harsh words coming from a Military Guy.... Makes the rest of us look bad..... Yea comms are speratic with Stevo, But U don't know what the real deal is... And being a Military guy yourself.... U should be able to put 2 and 2 together.... Steve's a good friend of mine and yes he can take a while to get things sorted on the modeling front even with me.... But.... I do know that I will get my stuff... In all the trash talk I've heard from folks... Here and on ARC about Steve.... I have NEVER once seen anyone start a kit that they were waiting on from Steve the second they finally received it... So reach into the stash and build somthing else... Come on guys... Be patient..

Dave
Unread May 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM

Default Understandable

I understand where you are coming from TT, but is what pisses me off is the fact that he has been on here at least once everyday and it has been almost a week since i last asked him in PM, no response.... NOTHING. Lack of communication is the part that pisses me off, not the time. And i can put 2 and 2 together. if he has the ability to be on here then he has the ability to send a quick response.... I will believe you and apologize if or when they get here... BTW I see you are in Okinawa. I spent 4 years at Kadena. Are all the good little shops still there??
Unread May 2nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Nice Cock!.....on that sheet

Quote:
Dude! U'll get ur stuff.... Kinda Harsh words coming from a Military Guy.... Makes the rest of us look bad..... Yea comms are speratic with Stevo, But U don't know what the real deal is... And being a Military guy yourself.... U should be able to put 2 and 2 together.... Steve's a good friend of mine and yes he can take a while to get things sorted on the modeling front even with me.... But.... I do know that I will get my stuff... In all the trash talk I've heard from folks... Here and on ARC about Steve.... I have NEVER once seen anyone start a kit that they were waiting on from Steve the second they finally received it... So reach into the stash and build somthing else... Come on guys... Be patient..
Well, in my case, I never saw a clause in the transaction that said "people think I'm a good guy so it may take 6 months to complete your deal after I cash the check". Having not known him from Adam, at a minimum I expect some communication. Furthermore, Because he is in the military I will hold him to a higher standard than the average modeling website fan-boy and I expect him not to make deals he's not 100% certain he can keep.

In the end he probably lost money on my deal so I consider us even but I won't send people his way.

BTW, Dave, it was a pleasure doing business with you. The direct opposite experience.

Spongebob
Unread May 3rd, 2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herchealer View Post
BTW I see you are in Okinawa. I spent 4 years at Kadena. Are all the good little shops still there??
Yup They all are except for the one closest to Naha.. It closed down a couple months After I got here..... But shima is still alive and kickin and in business..
Unread May 3rd, 2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post

BTW, Dave, it was a pleasure doing business with you.
Spongebob
Back atcha bud...
Unread May 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Default Still nothing

here we are 2 weeks later and still no Kits, or even a messege saying they were sent. Glad he had the time to go to the post office for the kit i sent but not to send mine........ I guess you live and learn.

I still say stay AWAY. ! Gave him the benefit after the last messege saying he was busy but this is getting old!

Herky
Unread May 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Well here we are. It is the 29th of May now and I have been waiting 2 and a half months for these kits! This guy reminds me of Brian Grey from Armorama a long time ago, excuse after excuse after excuse. I don't think i'll ever see these kits. What a shame. I hate empy promises!
Unread May 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM
You leak? NO fuel for YOU

Didnt this guy slow burn some people over at ARC? I think it took someone contacting his command or something, and he ponied up a few kits. I think...
Unread June 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Default Oh well

Guess I got ripped, Now there is no comm at all. Supposedly he is on Leave. Would have been nice if he would have sent them out before maybe. That was three weeks ago. If you read this Steve. What a LOSER!!!! Dont know how you have managed to stay in the Army I have no idea. You must trick them into thinking you are credible and responsible, from which i have seen so far is neither!!!
Unread June 11th, 2010, 04:57 AM

I think there was a thread about this over at ARC. Apparently, someone sent a letter to his command.....
Unread August 1st, 2010, 05:57 PM

Default Still NOTHING

Just wanted to let you all know I STILL HAVE NOT gotten my kits from this Guy. Only 5 and a half month. No comms since May 16th!!! Said he was sending them out then and then taking some leave. WHat a lying Prick!!! And he is in the Army, some sense of honor he has!!!
Unread August 11th, 2010, 02:22 AM

I did a deal with him in March and sent the kit on good faith. He has yet to make payment yet or acknowledge contact but has read my PM's...

3rd time I've been burned doing favors and now I'm only dealing with people I know personally...
Unread August 16th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever Send a message via Skype™ to marine4 ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook498 View Post
I think there was a thread about this over at ARC. Apparently, someone sent a letter to his command.....
that was me, but it wasn't a letter to command it was merely the threat of a letter along with his location and address of his CO so he knew I was serious. Once that e-mail was sent his wife jumped in and started to settle things. I also filed a paypal complaint and started a credit fraud report. I'm with those who think he should be held to a higher standard than most. Conduct unbecoming an Officer in the military is serious and he should take that serious!

Semper Fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Unread August 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Were you ever able to get anything resolved?
Unread August 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to marine4 ever Send a message via Skype™ to marine4 ever

Oh yeah... I received an e-mail within 24 hours from the wife. She was Cordial but obviously angry at me for the threat of notifying her Hubbies CO. But I got kits(that's what I asked for) shipped the next day and a follow up e-mail with a tracking number to ensure it was sent. I think the last time she was on ARC she stated she was done cleaning his messes, then again he also stated he was done doing this. Guess he changed his mind.

Semper fi
Dan

--Gen. Charles C. Krulak, USMC
Unread August 21st, 2010, 10:44 PM

Same old shit, new website....

Glad to hear you got it resolved!
Unread August 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM

Default Flemister60

In my case I still waiting for my Academy F-22, for more then a year now, I found out on ARC then his wife was taking care and some people get their kits, no me, still waiting never get an answer to my mail or PM.may be one day ......