Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM

Didn't see the date of the post. But still, I like you - you're funny. Getting that angry about something on the internet that has bugger all to do with you - priceless!

Last edited by Loki; April 22nd, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
ZOMG! I HAVE THE POWER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
The only way you can find out about how "they do things" is by ordering, getting fucked around, complaining on the forums and finding out from everyone who's already learned about Lucky Models.
Of course another way of finding out how "they do things" is to place an order with them, read all the rules, decide tot order anyway, receive your items in good time at good prices, very well packaged and exactly as described, decide it was a thoroughly good customer experience, and repeat it as often as you need items from the far east and LM have it in stock.

But again, that's my experience, and the experience of enough customers to make them a success story. Some people's experiences may vary, but for the majority it seems fine.

Why is responding to ("bumping") an old thread beyond rude? It's still open it's still postable, in blunt terms it's stills something that someone may have an opinion or experience to share on. There's no statute of limitation on threads, nothing to shut them down after a certain amount of time with no postings. In that light, it seems to be far ruder to start a new thread up when a perfectly usable one is alive and well, albeit inactive for a period of time that could be used.

An let's be clear, Chris's original point (all that time ago!) was essentially nothing to do wit the level of customer service, it was to do with his unhappiness at certain charges levied that were made clear up front so that he could make an informed decision, which he still made to order. He was unhappy at that, not any inherent service issue. That came later in something that was a little strange, but nothing more. (And it's to be noted that in spite of himself HE STILL USED LM AGAIN!)

Loki expressed his view, and you went off on a tourettes inspired rant directly against him. Fuckwit this and fucktard that. . Oy! Motes and beams, motes and beams. The thread is still live, it's totally in order to "bump"it if someone wants to say something, your opinion on time statutes notwithstanding. Beyond rude? Motes and beams again.

And Chris, if and when you read this, you can be rest assured that this is nothing to do with you, and everything to do with an unreasonable response from someone else.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM

Good post Drewe. I am sorry I brought the thread back to life but I didn't notice the date. Used to lots of activity on threads and various boards.

Still very funny how some get angry over such silly things.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Scale geek

For the most part, Iíve had good luck with them. There have been a few issues along the way but I have ordered a lot of stuff from them over the past 3-4 years. You just canít beat their prices on some things. The problems that Iíve had are annoying but Lucky has been fairly quick to fix them and they have all been fixed to my satisfaction. The PayPal fees are annoying but I think they have to pay for that service. Probably not 4% but who knows. I always paid PayPal since my bank wouldnít allow my card to be charged in China. The thing is, I do it without complaint because itís clearly stated and the stuff I order is still significantly cheaper than most other places. I know there are little quirks with LM but I donít think they belong in "the stiffs" category.

Now if I need something in a hurry, I go with Sprue Brothers. You can never go wrong with them!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
ZOMG! I HAVE THE POWER!!

You see? That is why reviving this thread is far from "beyond rude". . . we now have new opinions from new posters on the original subject. Likely they would not have started their own thread up just to say "my experiences are fine", so it's proved it's worth in terms of stimulating debate and opinion.

Here endeth the lesson in the potential benefits of thread bumping!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Lose sight,lose the fight

It's not being rude, it's necroposting!
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM

Ordered tons of kits and goodies from Luckymodel and
never had any unsolvable problems with them.
Always got great service .
Prices are good and lots of the stuff they sell is shipped free of charge.
It doesn't get any better then that !.
It makes me a happy loyal customer .

Greets.
Dennis.
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM

I've dealt with Lucky Modell a bunch of times and this is my experiance this far.

*If the item is listed as in stock, I get it, if it's "avaleble" I go somwhere else.

*The express 1-3 day shipping is BULLSHIT.. I've used the express shipping once on something I despratly needed for modell, just what I needed in a hurry was supposed to be expressely shipped.. the rest of the order was made with regular shipping.. result.. the express 1-3 day shipped items took 5 weeks before I got it, the regular shipped items was here in Oslo in about 8 days not to bad, only spruebrothers are faster..

*Be carefull when ordering paint.. they will not combine shpping when ordering more than one bottle of paint..

Other than that I've never had an issue with L M.. they come through every time I've used them over the last years.
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:02 AM

I second Tiger blacks sentiments. If they have it in stock,they are great, if not, go somewhere else...