Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Unread November 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM

Default How long should I wait until I put someone in the bad trader forum?

How long should I wait? is 4 months 2 weeks long enough? I feel bad doing it because it seems as though other people have traded with them successfully but I can only wait so long. It is getting a bit ridiculous.
Unread November 3rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Internet Hero

Funny you brought this up tomthegrom, but I’ve recently faced the same dilemma. I don’t know if we are talking about the same guy (nor do I care as it’s none of my business), but in my case I decided it didn’t warrant a call out as a stiff.

As I sit here patiently waiting for the postman to deliver my items (deal was made in Aug), I’ll share me reasoning for not calling him out and you can decide if your case is similar or not.

In my case I’ve had plenty of great deals in the past with the guy, I’ve never seen any evidence that he ever stiffed anyone before and to the contrary, plenty of times he’s “Saved Scooter” or given stuff away for free and tons of guys will come out of the woodwork and man up for the guy.

So my conclusion…He sure’s hell isn’t going to stiff me (I wouldn’t made the deal in the first place), he’s just going though a phase were he is slower than frickin’ dirt, and maybe a little lethargic to respond to e-mails. Could be a number of reasons for it, none of them my business anyway. We all know; if you need something fast, order from Sprue Brothers. But if its something nobody else has, and you really want it, or a great price, then you may have to wait out the long delivery times…not like you can go else ware (specialty if it was a one-off or something unique)…If you could, you would have

And that’s fine in my case. If I really needed it I’d bug him more often…

So, in my "call" was no call out. There’s plenty of evidence he’s not a stiff, and plenty of evidence he’s just slower than dirt sometimes…

YMMV, but I hope this helps…

"Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt. Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?" John T. Chance
Unread November 7th, 2010, 06:34 PM

I agree about being prompt when buyer is prompt.

I once came within INCHES of calling someone out at that other forum tho, where I WOULD have been wrong. Simply was the postal service being dead bears as Phantom says.

HOWEVER, if the individual ADMITS to being slow, then for goodness sake, throw them out here for all to see, if it has been more than a couple of months since paid for, and no shipment made yet...

Cheers
H.
Unread November 8th, 2010, 12:16 AM

I received a PM. I am waiting patiently by the mail box.