Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Old July 29th, 2014, 02:26 AM
I've seen things...

Default Butthurt buyer-"funaka" on eBay.

I usually don't post this nonsense, but this was just asinine...

I sold an F-16F and a RoG Typhoon to him, and he received them with damage to the Viper canopy and missing ASRAAMs. I forgot I had taken the ASRAAMs for another project and the canopy must have been damaged in shipping.
Without sending a regular message first, the dude opens a case instead, right off the bat. I responded to the case, saying hey, no need to open a case, a simple message would have done. He asks if I'm on the forums, and I say yeah, we can handle the issue on there, just please close the eBay case. He also says he didn't "mean to" open a case. For forum guys, I've got no problem going the extra mile. I've had random eBay buyers screw me out of deals several times, so I tend not to trust them. But you guys, I'm down with.
He says he lurks here, won't actually post, ... so hopefully you're reading this, douchebag!

Anyway, I offered not only another set of missiles, but a whole Typhoon two-seater kit and a spare canopy from my stash. But dude, don't feed me this bullshit about not "meaning to" open a case. That he tried to just send a message, but that eBay automatically opened a case. eBay doesn't just arbitrarily open cases. It had to be initiated by the buyer. So I just asked that he be honest about it.
He went apeshit. Getting all butthurt that I called him a liar. Well essentially, he is, because he admitted he initiated the action, whether or not eBay "opened a case for me", and whether or not it was his intention to do so. Not to mention the fact that once he realized a case was opened, he didn't do a goddamn thing about it. All I was saying was that the only way ebay opens a case is if it's initiated by the buyer. That's it. He only admitted to it ipso facto.
And I STILL offered to send the stuff to him after all that. He declined and said I had called eBay, reported me, handed off the issue to them, he'll abide by what they say, blah blah blah...

Well asshead, ebay hasn't done a goddamn thing about it, and probably won't. Nor will they give a shit about me outing you on here. Enjoy your kits, because those are the last ones you're ever getting from me. GFY
Old July 29th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Fox Mulder's Soul brother

serve him right
Old August 2nd, 2014, 01:49 AM

the only thing is that i believe that if you contact the seller after the purchase is made, it automatically opens a case against the transaction. i do not think that the seller has to actually initiate a case against the buyer, just asking a question in a certain category will do it. i bought some stuff a couple months ago from somebody, and it was not as described. he thought the kits were all one paint scheme, and they were not. i sent him a message to let him know, and it automatically opened a case against the seller, even though i did not mean to open one.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:24 AM
I've seen things...

What did you click on to send a message? I've never clicked on "Contact Buyer" or "Contact Seller" and had it open a case.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:33 AM

i dont remember, just think it was to contact seller, than question about item or something. i remember that i got an email after sending the message about opening a case. seemed to me like a load of crap, and apologized to the seller for the case being opened. kind of wondered if it was something that ebay did just in case something down the road happened, they could take it back to first contact.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 03:11 AM
I've seen things...

I that's true, I dunno what eBay is thinking. and I did mention that to him too. Once the case was enacted, no apology, no attempt to close it or even say anything once he realized a case was open.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:45 AM

i would imagine that it keeps either the seller or buyer from being able to put the other off for long enough to be past ebays time limit for their resolution process.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I've seen things...

But the resolution process depends on the time being drawn out. I mean the escalation process takes days. Which btw, I've receved a notice that ebay will make a final determination. No biggie, I'm confident in my communications, and they will see that I offered to replace the bad items.
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright2626 View Post
the only thing is that i believe that if you contact the seller after the purchase is made, it automatically opens a case against the transaction. i do not think that the seller has to actually initiate a case against the buyer, just asking a question in a certain category will do it. i bought some stuff a couple months ago from somebody, and it was not as described. he thought the kits were all one paint scheme, and they were not. i sent him a message to let him know, and it automatically opened a case against the seller, even though i did not mean to open one.
I had the same thing happen. I bought some stuff that was supposed to arrived by a certain date. After that date passed and no items, I tried to contact the seller by clicking "contact seller" and it opened a case.
I stated in the contact that I didn't intent to open a case, I was simply trying to contact them to get a shipping update. They were cool about it and got right back to me. I closed the case but continued to get emails from ebay about it as if it were still open, even though it showed closed on their site.
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:14 PM

even though the resolution process does depend on the time being drawn out, there are sellers and buyers that will say that the money or product is on the way, or that their is a problem with the product received.

in your particular case you are looking to make it right by sending replacement parts. some sellers will tell you that they are going to send out the parts, even though they have no intention of doing so. they will say that the parts are on the way, then leave the buyer out after the 30 days are up and there is no recourse through ebay, so to protect the buyer or seller they just start it out with a case opened at first contact.
Old August 9th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I've seen things...

It's strange that nice never run into this problem. When I hit contact buyer or seller, it just goes to the message center. Perhaps I has to do with how many eBay points you have?
Either way, I was half wrong about this one. eBay did donsoentjing about it, they made him return the viper! So it worked out in my favor anyway. I'll take a pic of the note he left me in the box.
Old August 9th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Old Cranky Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright2626 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by longmc View Post
I had the same thing happen. I bought some stuff that was supposed to arrived by a certain date. After that date passed and no items, I tried to contact the seller by clicking "contact seller" and it opened a case.
I stated in the contact that I didn't intent to open a case, I was simply trying to contact them to get a shipping update. They were cool about it and got right back to me. I closed the case but continued to get emails from ebay about it as if it were still open, even though it showed closed on their site.
Same thing for me, after a sale I tried to contact the seller (I was the buyer) and it automatically opened a case. From my experience, if you contact the seller after the sale through Ebay, it will automatically open a case.

BTW, Amazon is the same way, ordered a book that came ripped in half with one half missing, contacted the seller with no intention of opening a case but it automatically opened a case. Closed it as soon as I could and just handled it through email, didn't mean to open a case but it did it anyway.

Don't think the guy is a douche by the info provided, shit happens and in the end it all gets worked out.
Old August 11th, 2014, 03:56 AM
I've seen things...

I think it has to do with how many points you have. I have 800+, and have never had it open a case automatically. Whether ok buyer or seller. At any rate, ebay made him send back one kit. Ha! I wasn't expecting that.
Old August 11th, 2014, 06:53 PM

ebay's resolution process has gotten better. alot of buyers have taken advantage of their ways over the years, they had a habit of just going with what the buyer said, letting them keep the product and getting some or all of their money back.
Old August 11th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I've seen things...

That's a good thing, otherwise I might not have gotten the kit back.