Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Group Builds > Matt Roberts Memorial Group Build > Project Threads

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread March 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Default 1/48 Peruvian Fitter.

Let's get rid of this "never" in the Matt roberts GB.

Here's something I've been wanting to build for a while and should fit in with a "let's build it even if it's not 100% accurate" philosophy.

Apparantly, the Peruvian Fitters are powered by the Tumansky engine. This means they have a fatter rear fuselage than the ones powered by a Lyulka engine.
The old OEZ kit has the slender fuselage of a Lyulka-powered Fitter.
The kit's moulds were later used by Kopro and KP models.
Last year, Eduard made a batch with all sorts of upgrades...decals, seat, PE, masks.
I never shelled out for that and neither for the KP Models box which had become quite scarce.
KP models seems to have made a new batch and I bought one from a East European dealer over the week-end.
I have the "Authentic Decals" sheet for it.

I'm just calling this one a "Fitter" because between the Su-17M3, Su-22M and Su-22M3 designations, I tend to get lost.

Pictures to follow.

There is a picture of the subject by Chris Lofting on
I gather that don't like link to their site for some reason, but I f you search with "Peru" and "Sukhoi-17/20/22" on their search function, you should find them. The declas are for the one with Peruvian serial 167 on the tail and the number 45004 on the MLG door.

Cheers, Stefan.

Last edited by Stefan Buysse; March 16th, 2011 at 02:26 PM.