Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Canuck Models

Notices

Unread August 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Owner - Canuck Models

Default Now Available - CF-5A 'Bruce The Moose'

Hi Everyone.

I'm pleased to announce that the 1:48 scale CF-5A 'Bruce The Moose' set is now available for order and will ship out on Monday the 18th of August.

The set comes complete with full markings for 2 complete models. 116703 and 116721 versions. The decals are intended to fit on the Kinetic kit and while they may fit other 1:48 scale kits, I've not tried them to see how that works.

These are very limited run.

Details on the Canuck website: www.canuckmodels.com

thanks
David
Unread August 16th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Owner - Canuck Models

Below are a few photos of a recent build I finished for Bruce. My build isn't very good. I rushed through this in about 3 days to show off the decals and made a few mistakes along the way. The kit is also a bit of a challenge with some of the fit of parts being more complicated than I envisioned. So please ignore the horrible gaps and seams.

A note about the decals.

This set comes complete with decals to represent all the red portions of the aircraft. That said, I still highly recommend that you paint the fuselage sides (and possibly wings) using Model Master Guards Red. The fuselage shape of the CF-5 is very complex and curvy, and trying to make decals conform around these shapes, and settle into the little details, and overlap each other the right amount is very time consuming and in all honesty, you will always get better looking surface from paint. I'm the guy that designed the decals. I'm the guy that printed them, and I still think painting the sides will look better than using decals. Paint looks like paint.

Hindsight being what it is, if I do a reprint of these I'm likely to leave off the majority of the red (save for the nose and vertical fin), and just have the modeller mask and paint. I think I was trying to get overly fancy here.

Anyway, you can be the judge.

Hope people enjoy them.

thanks
David