View Single Post
Unread December 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Default A word about scale....

In general terms, I think its important to consider one simple concept about business: If you aren't in it to win it, eventually you will fail. If profitability isn't the number one driving force behind every business decision that gets made then your business won't survive. This is especially true for up-start hobby businesses. I think all too often there is a prevailing opinion in this hobby that somehow companies have an obligation to cater to everyone's individual needs and or requests. In fact the only obligation I have at Furball (or Tamiya, Hasegawa, Two Bobs, Apple, etc. for that matter) is to turn a profit. What other possible motivation can there be when you consider the time, money, and effort that goes into producing just one decal sheet? This isn't charity work. I have no desires to be an "industry guru" or model geek forum "blow hard". I don't intend to use my company as a means to continually and publicly push personal vendettas against competing outfits. For whatever reason, God gave me this quirky little gift of artistic talent that gets expressed in the form of model airplane decal sets. So far, people seem to like them. I can't please everyone, and its unrealistic for me to even try. So if I don't produce your favorite scale or subject, its not personal its just business. Right now and for the foreseeable future 1/48 will be the only scale that Furball will produce.