Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums

Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums (http://zone-five.net/index.php)
-   The Stiffs (http://zone-five.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Beware of Dave Roof (http://zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=13399)

tombguard February 25th, 2011 07:58 PM

Beware of Dave Roof

you can contact me offline for details...Tom Dunbar

meagap February 25th, 2011 08:36 PM

Tom-
Don't you think posting a "stiff" message without the details is a little odd? I mean, you've already outed the guy as a stiff in public, but you don't want to tell the story unless it's a PM? Call me crazy, but I think that's odd. I've personally done business with Dave and wasn't stiffed. Took awhile, but I got what I ordered. Did you truly get stiffed?

Cheetah February 25th, 2011 08:48 PM

I've never had an issue with Dave, he may not always be the quickest to get something out the door, but hes a busy guy, and always delivers.

Dwill February 25th, 2011 09:25 PM

Seems bad form to call someone out for stiffing you here and over at ARC, and not posting the details so the person has a chance to tell his side. Why not tell everyone your side instead of doing drive-by postings?

Personally, I've done a number of transactions with Dave over the years and never had a problem.

MHaz February 25th, 2011 09:42 PM

Are you off your gourd?? Dave has NEVER failed to follow through on a deal, ever. In fact, he's gone over and above on many deals!

tsculton February 25th, 2011 11:49 PM

Simply said - Dave Roof is cool with me. Had a few deals with and they all went very well. If you have beef with the speak to him about it. If that doesn't work tell your story and then give the man a chance to publicly explain himself.

devil505 February 26th, 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombguard (Post 142910)

The trolls are out.

Jethro3898 February 26th, 2011 06:14 PM

I bought a Cutting Edge U-2 intake set from him the other week and got it in 3 or 4 days.....and that was my 2nd or 3rd purchase from him from over the years.

Dave is a good guy.

I'm sure if something is wrong with your purchase/transaction, he will make it good.

warthoglvr February 26th, 2011 06:17 PM

We're all human and life sometimes interrupts a transaction or two. But like others here, I've done multiple purchases/trades with Dave and he's always been straight up with me, too.

ORANGF15Guy February 26th, 2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombguard (Post 142910)

4 posts to your credit and your calling out a guy that's been on this forum for a long time...I don't think so dude! Crawl back under your rock and go away!

Phantomdriver February 26th, 2011 07:04 PM

Have the courtesy to explain, as Dave is a decent bloke, his rep is 100%

PlasticWeapons February 26th, 2011 07:07 PM

It was somethin' that happened over in Hyperscale: http://www.network54.com/Forum/40916...a+1-48+F-A-18D

Phantomdriver February 26th, 2011 07:16 PM

that really doesn't justify the guy slagging DR off, as the situation begins to explain itself
in the thread...

PlasticWeapons February 26th, 2011 07:29 PM

Yeah, but the poster must be really ticked off about it. Time will pass...

Dealt with Dave before. Slow, but the trade was done and completed. Oh well. In other news...does anyone have 1/48 Mirage 2000C intake parts from the Italeri/ESCI kit? =)

Afterburner Decals Scott February 27th, 2011 04:01 PM

Wow...that fell flat....

Phantomdriver February 27th, 2011 04:54 PM

Dude pulled the same thread on ARc today

David F. Brown February 27th, 2011 07:50 PM

A Good Guy, YES! A Stiff, NEVER! WTF is wrong with you. You stupid or what?

Afterburner Decals Scott February 27th, 2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Roof (Post 143190)
Let me clarify one thing....Tom and I agreed to a specific time frame (approximately two months) to paint the cockpit. It took me much longer to complete it.

What I did not know, was that Tom was going to use the cockpit I painted for him in a kit that he was commissioned to build. It was explained to me that it was for a personal build.

Again, he has a right to be angry as I did not meet the time frame agreed to. However, I believe he is more upset at the fact that he lost money because he could not complete the commission build without the cockpit, as he blamed me in an email.

It doesn't matter, the cockpit is done and will be mailed to him this week. I also threw in some extras, but I'm sure no one will hear about what he gets on three web sites.

On the bright side, I have a kit 50% completed and I painted and applied decals to the vertical tails of the F/A-18D I started last year! Whoo Hoo!

Shit, he ought to get with me...cockpits are ALL I do, LOL!

Angry is one thing, slander is another...plus, I've seen your cockpits

:rotflmao2:

What's with a dude who does commission work, but farms parts out?

dsmith February 27th, 2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

What's with a dude who does commission work, but farms parts out?
I was kinda wondering the same thing?

I have had multiple deals with Dave and never had a problem.

Cheers,
-Doug :)

Jens H. Brandal February 28th, 2011 02:17 AM

I was wondering that too Scott and Doug. If you're good enough to accept commission work to build a model, you should be able to deal with a cockpit too. The fact that Dave stands up and accepts responsibility for failing on his part speaks volumes, but modelling is only a hobby and sometimes life gets in the way. I've certainly never had any problems dealing with Dave of Flying Leathernecks. Not always the quickest, but it always gets done.

Jens